- A Doctor of Philosophy is the most common degree at the highest academic level awarded following a course of study. PhD’s are awarded for programs across the whole breadth of academic fields. Because it is an earned research degree, those studying for a PhD are required to produce original research that expands the boundaries of knowledge, normally in the form of a thesis or dissertation, and defend their work before a panel of other experts in the field.
- The completion of a PhD is often a requirement for employment as a university professor, researcher, or scientist in many fields. In Social work Department, Gujarat Vidyapith Ph.D. Degree Programme was started from year 1977.
As per UGC norms, Ph.D. admission process conducted every year with entrance exam
Any Post graduate
As per students seat availability
Minimum 3 Years
Selection is done by Written test.
The fee structure for PH.D. is given below:
Sem – 1
Sem – 2 & 4
Sem – 3 & 5
Sem – 6
- Programme Outcomes for social work are competencies of knowledge, skill and value set that a social work programme expects to possess by master degree. Department of social work, Gujarat Vidyapith expects following programme outcome.
- To impart education and training in professional social work in order to provide manpower in social welfare, development and allied fields, to develop their capabilities for working at various levels of micro, mezzo and macro level.
- To help students to develop knowledge, skills, attitude and values appropriate to the practice of social work profession.
- To enable students develop creative and critical thinking and ability to apply theoretical knowledge in practice of social work.
- To facilitate interdisciplinary approach for better understanding of social problems, situations and issues of development.
- Identify as a professional social worker and conduct one accordingly.
- Interpretation of social problems and social issues and effective application of social work methods.
- To develop understanding of social policies and ability to analyze and influence.
- Apply in practice findings of action oriented research.
- Apply the knowledge of human growth and behavior and social environment.
- To understand agency administration and delivery of social services.
- 11. Gujarat Vidyapith expect to impart the values and skills in students to work with marginalize people through the way of Gandhiji
- Students will get opportunity to work on different social issues which will help the society.
- Students will get proper understanding regarding intervention in different issues affects society.
- Students will get opportunity to build his/her carrier in different fields like, Health, Education, Research, Academic, Government sector etc..
- Students will get in depth understanding regarding and sensitization about the situation and issues of Marginalized sector.
- Students will contribute in the society through different activities and through his/her own volunteer organization or NGO.
- As Gandhian philosophy Gujarat Vidyapith always gives priority to Life education, Social work department also provide same opportunity to learn Life skill education with different activities.
- Students get opportunity of good Physical, mental, Social development, get good Healthy Environment.
- Ph.D. degree awarded person will get opportunity to work and contribute in the field of Research and also get opportunity to work with any research institute In respective field.