- Professional social work practice is unique from other helping professions in its approach of supporting clients to function optimally within their environments. The person-in-environment approach is essential to social work practice. Through this perspective, professional social workers are distinctively trained to help clients maximize the opportunity for change in themselves and/or their situations.
- The social work department, Gujarat Vidyapith was established in year 1970. In The master degree course of social work is designed to impact rigorous training in practical knowledge of the content of social work and allied social and behavioral science as also the field practice.
- The main purpose of this course is to prepare trained social workers who may have the will and the capacity to contribute to the solution of the problem of the community. Its also unique because this course is aligned with Gandhian philosophy and with Gandhian approach.
- The term client encompasses individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. The social work department Seeks to fill up this gap by making a modest effort to train workers on the basis of a curriculum based on the integration of social philosophy of Gandhian constructive programme with the concept of scientific social work.
Admission is given on the basis of merit based on written test, group discussion and individual visit, keeping in view the reserved seat.
Any Graduate with Minimum 50%
57 Students (Academic year 2021-22)
2 Years (Four Semester)
Selection is done by Written test, Group Discussion and Interview
The following fees are for the first year, in which the food reserve fee is considered for Semester-1 only, which has to be paid separately in the second semester.
Programme Outcomes for social work are competencies of knowledge, skill and value set that a social work programme expects to possess by master degree. Department of social work, Gujarat Vidyapith expects following programme outcome.
- To impart education and training in professional social work in order to provide manpower in social welfare, development and allied fields, to develop their capabilities for working at various levels of micro, mezzo and macro level.
- To help students to develop knowledge, skills, attitude and values appropriate to the practice of social work profession.
- To enable students develop creative and critical thinking and ability to apply theoretical knowledge in practice of social work.
- To facilitate interdisciplinary approach for better understanding of social problems, situations and issues of development.
- Identify as a professional social worker and conduct one accordingly.
- Interpretation of social problems and social issues and effective application of social work methods.
- To develop understanding of social policies and ability to analyze and influence.
- Apply in practice findings of action oriented research.
- Apply the knowledge of human growth and behavior and social environment.
- To understand agency administration and delivery of social services.
- Gujarat Vidyapith expect to impart the values and skills in students to work with marginalize people through the way of Gandhiji.
- Students will get opportunity to work on different social issues which will help the society.
- Students will get proper understanding regarding intervention in different issues affects society.
- Students will get opportunity to build his/her carrier in different fields like, Health, Education, Research, Academic, Government sector etc..
- Students will get in depth understanding regarding and sensitization about the situation and issues of Marginalized sector.
- Students will contribute in the society through different activities and through his/her own volunteer organization or NGO.
- As Gandhian philosophy Gujarat Vidyapith always gives priority to Life education, Social work department also provide same opportunity to learn Life skill education with different activities.
- Students get opportunity of good Physical, mental, Social development, get good Healthy Environment.