Dr. Damini Shah
Ph.D., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad (2012)
- Ph.D., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 2012
- M.Phill., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 1992
- M.S.W., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 1984
- B.A., Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, 1982
Area of Interest
- Human Rights
- Women and Child Development
- Political Science
- Integrated Approach in Social Work
- Social Group Work
- Development and Social Problem
- Child Rights (CBCS)
Contribution to teaching : Since 1997
1. Muslim Ghettoisation: Ek Karunantika, A Tragedy, Published in Gujarati language, Gurjar Prakashan – January 2015
- Grant awarded by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- Award: Muslim Ghettoisation: Ek Karunantika (A Tragedy) book was awarded by Narmad Sahitya Sabha, Surat for Narmad Suvarna Chandrak on 30th Jun 2018
2. Communication Skills in Social Work, Published in Gujarati language, Parshv Publication, December-2017 ISBN: 978-93-5108-907-0
Papers/Articles Published: (In Gujarati)
- गुजरातमा आदिवासी विस्तारमा प्राथमिक अने मालखाकीय सुविधानी स्थिति: नेत्रंगना गामो सन्दर्भे Page 30-41 Jan.2017 Year 11 Vol.1 ISSN 2319-3522
- ‘आदिवासी समाज’ 2017-18 An Article about आदिवासी ISBN: 978-93-86522-05-4 Publisher: Akshar book Agency
- आत्महत्यानी समस्या: व्यक्तिगत अने सामाजिक विघटननु प्रतीक Page 16- 25 ‘समाजकारन’ July -2016 Year 10 Vol.2 ISSN 2319-3522
- Wrote ‘An Introduction of Nagjibhai Desai for गुजराती सहित्यनो इतिहास (स्वातान्त्रोत्तर युग भाग-१/ ग्रंथ-७ ) publisher Gurjar Prakashan septembar 2015 ISBN: 9788193088456
- Gujaratma Muslim Ghettoni Rachana ane Muslim Laghumatini Samaj ane Sarkar pase Apekshao, Page 5-18 ‘Vidyapith’, Year 52 Vol. 2 April – June 2014 ISSN 0976-5794
- Muslim Vadakaran (Ghettoisation) ane Laghumatina Jeevan par Teni Asaro, page 77-101 ‘Arthat’, Granth 2 Vol.3-4 Oct. –Dec. 2013.ISSN 2319-653X
- Bharatma Muslimoni Samajik, Arthik, Shaikshanik Sthiti, page 8-12 ‘Abhidrashti’,Year 7 Vol. 69 August 2013.ISSN0971-6629
- Privatization and Commercialization of Higher Education in India, (in English) page 15-18 ‘Maitri Vidyapith’, Year 37, Vol. 142, April – June 2013. ISSN 2249-6386
- Dharmik Bahuvidhata Dharavta Samajma Antar Kom Adan-Pradan, Page 18-19 ‘Nireekshak’, 1/3/2012.Established:1968 Vol. 5
- Mehnatno Rotalo Khavadyo Nirma Companyne Javadyo Page 13-14 ‘Nireekshak’, 1/3/2011Established:1968 Vol. 5
- Mehnatno Rotalo Khavadyo Nirma Companyne Javadyo Page 10-11 ‘Bhumiputra’, 1/3/2011.Year 58 Vol. 12
- Mehnatno Rotalo Khavadyo Nirma Companyne Javadyo Page 9-11’Sarvodaya Press Service’ 15/2/15 Year 8 Vol. 168
- Organised one day workshop with the help of ‘Prayas’-Bharuch for M.S.W. sem.3 and 4 students on Criminal Justice System and social worker intervention as a part of their Human Rights syllabus on 12/2/2019
- Visit to Sabarmati Central Jail with sem. 3 students of Human Rights on 8-10-18
- Participated one day Workshop about Philosophy of Social Science conducted by Shri Vidyut Joshi and organised by IQAC, Gujarat Vidyapith 2/5/18
- Participated series of lectures delivered by Shri Prakash N.Shah about Two Century Thinking/Concept (every Tuesday) from 6th 2018 to 10th April 2018
- Organised and conducted two days reading camp for sem. 2 students at “Gantar” Aniyali Village 2-3 Feb.2018
- On behalf of Social Work department Participated with 9 students for ‘Green Catalyst programmee’ at AMA Ahmedabad 21/8/17
- Organised one day workshop with the help of ‘Prayas’-Bharuch for M.S.W. sem.2 and 4 students on Criminal Justice System as a part of their Human Rights syllabus on 10/2/2016
- Participated two days seminar on पर्यावरण और केंसर भारतीय परिप्रेक्षमें which was organized by civil society’s organizations on 11-12 July 2015 at Gujarat Vidyapith
- Conducted team no.1(47 students) for Abhimukhta shibir (Orientation Programme for newly admitted students) on 6-7-8-July 2015
- On the occasion of Women Empowerment Week on behalf of higher education commissioner Gandhinagar, Conducted the programme with retired Civil court judge Jyotsnaben Yagnik’s Lecture on ‘ महिला शिक्षण अने कारकिर्दी घड्तर’ on 7/8/2015 for vidyapith students.
- Organised Workshop on Personal Professional Development for Third sem. Students on 25 to 30 Nov. 2014 and 23/10 to 28/10/2015
- One of the members of Preparation Committee and Repertoire “Third People’s Education Congress” during 19 to 23 Nov. 2012. Also participated and Presented Paper.
- Organising committee member of Anna Hazare’s visit to Ahmadabad participated in Lok Sunavni and Public Meeting at Lal Darvaja, Old Rupali Cinema on 26/5/2011.
- One of the Conductor of Leadership training for Volunteers and Leaders of “Padyatra Team” in different Gram Vidyapith in Gujarat.
- Vedachhi : 01/09/08 to 03/09/08
- Gadhada : 15/09/08
- Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad : 18/09/08
- 10 Work as a subject Expert For Kutch University for Recruitment of Lecturer on 23/3/2007
- 11 Committee member (one of the organizing committee) of Gujarat Social forum at Tagor Hall, Paldi on 10 to 12 March 2006.and participated with students
- 12 Organised Work shop on Child Rights at Gijubhai Badheka Bal Akadami (Nalsarovar) for M.S.W. Students on 11/12/2005
- Delivered lecture as an expert on ‘Counselor’s qualities’ at orientation cum refresher course for Counselors of family counselor centre with the help of Gujarat State Social Welfare Board on 4/8/2016
- Presented paper and Participated in National seminar about ‘Tribal Society’ at Tribal Research centre, G.V. on 7/2/2016
- Presented paper on ‘Human Rights and Indian Constitution’ in National seminar organized by Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad on 14/4/2016
- I was one of the main speaker in one day workshop for ‘Women leaders on grassroots workers’ On behalf of Behavioral Science Centre-Human Development and Research Centre. Topic was ‘Social Change’.
- Presented paper as a main speaker in seminar which was organized by AWAG and B.K. Mercantile Bank Law College, Palanpur on आत्महत्याकी समस्या: व्यक्तिगत के सामाजिक? On 8/9/2015 at Palanpur
- Participated 11th International conference on “Inspiring Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship for Poverty Eradication and climate change mitigation in India” at centre for Environmental Education on 11-12 Jan 2015.
- Paper Presented in International Seminar: Muslim Ghettos in Gujarat after 2002 Riots, Organised by: Political Science Department Vallabh Vidyanagar on 11/02/2015.
- Chair-person in (National Level) session 7 ‘Criminalisation of Poverty and Homelessness: Beggary and De-notified Tribes’. Participated Convergence on Social Work and Social Difference: Role of Social Work Educators and Practitioners. Organised by TISS (Mumbai) and NISD on 22 to 24 March, 2014.
- PPT Presentation on Problems of Urbanisation – Organised by “Sahiyari Nisbat” – Gujarat Vidyapith on 03/08/13.(State Level)
- Participated National Convention on People’s Charter on Nuclear Energy at Gujarat Vidyapith on 25,26 July 2013
- Presentation on Stages of Counselling Training Programme organised by Gender Resource Center (State Level) as a Resource person 23/07/13.
- Panel Member in Counsellor’s Role Play session, Gender Resource Center (State Level) on 25/07/13.
- Participated State level seminar on “People’s Decisive Role in Environment Public Hearing” Organised by Paryavaran Mitra and MHRM Department, Gujarat Vidyapith on 29/03/13.
- Paper Presented in Third People’s Education Congress on Privatisation and Commercialization in Higher Education National Level Seminar at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad.21/11/2012
- Presented Paper in National Seminar: Status on Displaced Muslim Women after 2002 Riots in Gujarat. Organised by All India Mahila Sanskritik sangathan and Arts and Commerce college Anklav.15/3/2011
- Attended series of lectures about ”Nai Talim” delivered by Prof. Anil Sadgopal organised by Gujarat Vidyapith, from 28 Feb to 6 March 2011
- Participated Training Programme: Balakone Dattak Apva ane binsansthakiya sambhal,A.R.A. Delhi and Social Defense Dept. Gujarat with the help of Social Work Dept. Gujarat Vidyapith on 30-31 July 2010
- National Seminar on Gender Budgeting and Women Empowerment at Gujarat Vidyapith Organised by Supath Himmatnagar and Social Work Department Gujarat Vidyapith on 13-14 Sep, 2008
- Attended Seminar on “Field of Social Work” Dept. of Social Work, Gujarat Vidyapith 2-3 March, 2008.
- Attended Seminar in of Social Work “Status and Direction of Professional Social Work in Indian Social and Economic Millieu” 27-28 March 2006
- Member of film preview committee in D.D. Girnar from March 2018
- TV: Panel Discussion on Women Empowerment on the occasion on International women day 8/3/2017
- “Hello Sakhi” Women Issues on International Women’s Day Panel Discussion 7/3/13
- NDTV “ Hamlog” Programme( Issues of Gujarat with reference to Election) Programme conducted by Ravishkumar, Participated on behalf of Gujarat Vidyapith 8/12/12
- “Charchani Aerane” About International Women’s Day Panel member 7/3/11
- Yuvano ane samajseva (yuva unstopeble) Panel member 10/7/08
- Advisory Committee member in AWAG from 24/9/2016
- Trustee In AWAG from January 2018
- Trustee in Ishwar Prarthna Samaj, Ahmedabad from 2017
- Trustee: National Indian Association between Oct.2013 to 2017
- Counseling Committee in Mahila Police Station Ahmadabad since May 2013
- Trustee: Cultural Educational Forum.
Membership in Professional and other Bodies:
- Alumnus Association of Social Work Students Gujarat Vidyapith
- Member of Samajshatra Mandal (Sociology Association)
- Movement for Secular democracy (M.S.D.) Ahmadabad
Board of Studies
- Member, Vibhagiy Paramarshan Samiti and Board of studies in Social Work Department, Gujarat Vidyapith
Examiner for different Programmee (during 2005-2019)
- Moderator and paper setter for class-2 and class-1 examination for GPSC December-2016
- U.Shah University Surendranagar
- Ambedkar Open University
- Bhavnagar University
- Hemchandracharya University
- Rakshashakti University
- Gujarat Vidyapith
Academic and NGO’s:
- Micro teaching observation during recruitment of Assistant professor on 7 Feb. 2012 and 15, 16 July 2011
- As a professional social worker I am involved with social, cultural and other right based organizations.
- Each year as a faculty member I visit different N.G.Os in Gujarat to evaluate students’ work who is deputed for 45 days Block Placement.
- Organised and conducted Orientation(Abhimukhta) programme for new comers in M.A. students on 9th to 11th July 2018
- Organised and Conducted One day Human Rights Training Programme for all Third and forth sem. of M.A. Students with the help of Human Rights Commission Delhi on 26th 2018
- Member ‘ Chhatralay (Hostel) Committee’ Goojarat Vidyapith,Ahmedabad.
- Volunteer, Kisan Swaraj Sammelan, Guarat Vidyapith, Nov. 2018
- Initiated to establish Counseling Centre for students with the help of well-known psychotherapist Prof. Sumant Mazmudar. It started works from 3/3/2017 till today.
- One of the Repertoire committee member for “Discussion on Decentralize Economy -National convention on Gandhi Returns: Back to Basics” at Gujarat Vidyapith ,30-31 January 2017
- Inspired Students and gave them active guidance to have and run one food stall for Anand mela at Vidyapith ,Ahmedabad on 19-20/2/2017
- I was one of the main members of committee for Hostel student’s feedback for food and basic facilities provided by Gujarat Vidyapith from 1/9/2016. The committee submitted report to V.C. on December 2017.
- One of the member of विध्यार्थी उत्कर्ष ओर छात्रालय समिति/ विध्यार्थी प्रश्न निवारण समिति ‘ for the period 1/5/2016 to 30/6/2016
- Member of Child care Institution (CCI) review team and visited as a part of the team to review some CCI. in March 2016
- Scrutiny committee member of Dr. Dayal Scholarship for M.S.W. first and third semesters’ student.(2015)
- Member of Fact Finding Committee in Some of the Hostel issues during 2014-15
- Organized and Conducted “Sevak Santan Shibir” in 2008 and 2009 at Bharel and Surendranagar
- Organising Committee Member and Conductor of one team of “Abhimukhta Shibir” since 2008
- Core Committee Member in Padyatra Organizing Committee (2007) visited 125 villages at Sanand and Daskroi Taluka
- Any administrative and academic work allotted by Department and Institution.
- Due to student’s intervention under my guidance private land for primary school was donated by one villager in Singarwa, and with the help of Education Department a school has been started since 2006 and children of this outskirt area are benefited permanently.
- Local people of Singarva village complained that they were not getting sufficient grain from the PDS shop. Under my guidance students informed and encouraged people about RTI. The RTI pressure got result and now they are getting enough quantity grain.
- Guidance for Medical/ Health camp programmes organized as a part of students’ field work.
- Vyasan Mukti programmes also organized as a part of student’s field work and many of young villagers left their addiction.
- With the help of I.G.Police students in Kujad Village successfully stopped varli matka activities with the help of Sarpanch and village women, on 1/4/2010.
- Awareness programmes for women, youth, farmers and Children.
- Participated in different “Lok andolan” with students as a part of their exposure.
- Watched issue based drama and film with students and discuss with them.
- Counseling with villagers to build toilets in their home.