Prof. Hasmukh Desai
Ph.D., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad (2007)
- Ph.D., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 2003
- M. Phil., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 1992
- M.A., Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, 1983
- B.A., Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, 1981
Area of Specialization
- Quantitative Methods
- International Economics
- Co-operative Dairy
Contribution to Teaching
- Economics Govt. Commerce College Ahwa Dangs, South Gujarat University From 13/08/1984 to 30/04/1986
- Economics B. R. S. Gram Vidyapith, Gram Bharati, Amrapur From 01/07/1986 to 21/09/1998
- Economics Gujarat Vidyapith From 22/09/1998 to 15/10/1999
- Economics Gujarat Vidyapith From 02/05/2002 till date
- Ph.D. Degree awarded – 07
- No. of Students Pursuing Ph.D. –
- M. Phil. Degree awarded – 30
- Dissertation at M.A.– 75 students
1) Bhagya no Bheru : Khadi Udhog, Gram Nirman, Vol.11, PP.25-27 November 1990, G.K.V.I., Board, Ahmedabad.
2) Sahakari Dairy Udhyog No Arthshastriya Abhyas “Banas Dairy na Sandharbhe, NICM Bulletin Vol.IV (6-7), 2007, PP. 17-20 & 11-13, NICM Institute, Gandhinagar.
3) Analaysis of the Structure and Functions of Self-Grops : A Study in Moinabad Mandal (A.P.), Co-operative perspective, Vol.41, (Annual Issue), 2007, VMNCM, Pune.
4) Dairy Farming in South Gujarat : Problems and Remedies, Indian Journal of Dairy Science, Vol. 64(2) 2011, PP.162-167, IDA, New Delhi.
5) Micro Finance Tools for Poverty Alleviation; NICM Bulletin, Vol. IX, Jan.Mar. 2012, PP.03-12, NICM Institute, Gandhinagar.
6) The creation of Employment, Income and Life standard by Co-operative Dairy Industry in Gujarat, NICM Bulletin, Vol.X, Jan.Mar., 2013, PP. 88-92, NICM Institute, Gandhinagar.
7) Gujarat Na Vanchito : Manav Vikas Na Sandarbhma, Vishleshan, Vol. 39(2), July-Dec. 2013, Vishleshan Trust, Surat.
8) The Integration of Livestock Production for Employment and Income Generation, NICM Bulletin, Vol. XI, Apr.June 2014, PP.12-17, NICM Institute, Gandhinagar.
9) An Economic Viability of Livestock in Gujarat : With context of Maltiben Chaudhary, NICM Bulletin, Vol.XI, July-Sep., 2014, PP.36-44, NICM Institute, Gandhinagar.
10) Co-operative Diary is a Oxygen for Rural People in Gujarat, NICM Bulletin, Vol.Oct.Dec.2014, PP.2-11.
11) Development March of Gujarat co-operative Milk Marketing Federation, Anand(2018), Rural Co-operatives, Harsh Book Agency.
1) An Economic Study of Co-operative Diary Industry (2008) Published by Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad.
2) Dugdh-Parva (2009) and Revised in (2012), Gurjar Publication, Ahmedabad.
3) An Economic Study of Milk Business of South Gujarat (2010), Published by Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad.
4) Arth Sahkari Ni Akshar Yatra (2012), Harsh Publication, Ahmedabad.
5) An Economic Study of Milk Producers Families from Villages. (2018). Reliable Publishing House, Ahmedabad.
Minor Research Project (Completed) :
An Economic Study of Milk Business of South Gujarat : Problems and Remedies (UGC Sponsored from 1-2-2009 to 31-7-2010) (With Context of Valsad and Dangs District)
Major Research Project (Completed) :
An Economic Study of top ten Milk Producer Families from Villages (With context of Sabar Diary) (ICSSR Sponsored from 1-10-2015 to 31-3-2017)
1 2003-04 Census 2001 Gujarat Economic Association Ahmedabad Uttar Gujarat Ni Gramin Shehari Vastinu Triparimaniy Puthakaran State
2 2004-05 Co-Operative Movement in Gujarat A/C. College Ode Dist.Anand Development Prospect, Problems & Solutions of the Co-operative movement in Gujarat State
3 2005-06 Economic problems of Tribal Area & Solutions A/C. College Khedbrahma Economic Problems of Tribal Area & Probable Solutions State
4 2006-07 Indian Economy Gujarat Economic Association Bhavnagar State’s Co-Op. Dairy Industry : Today and Tomorrow State
5 2008-09 Conditions of WTO & Water Scarcity A/C. College Talod Diary Industries of Gujarat – Problems & Its Solutions State
6 2009-10 Gujarat Economy Gujarat Economic Association Kim, Surat Gujarat No Sahkari Dudh Vaysay – Gaikal, Aaj & Aavtikal State
7 2010-11 The Emergence Development and Direction of Co-Op. Activities in Gujarat A/C. College Talod Origin, Development & Direction of Co-Op. Diary Industry in Gujarat State
8 2010-11 Impact of Globalization ICSSR & IEA N.S.Patel Arts College, Anand Challenges of Globalization on Indian Economy National
9 2010-11 Bhartna Arthik Viknsma Narioni Bhumika A/C. College Talod The Role of Women in Economic Development of India National
10 2010-11 Role of Sarpanch in Panchayatiraj and Rural Development Arts College Nadiyad Dairy Industry is a friend of Agricultural Labourer. National
11 2010-11 Education in Gujarat Gujarat Economic Association
Surat Autonomy and Accountability in Higher Education in Gujarat State
12 2010-11 Recent Economic changes in Gujarat A/C. College Bhiloda Recent Changes in Animal Husbandry Business in Gujarat. State
13 2010-11 Indian Diary Scenario Indian Dairy Association East Zone Kolkatta 21st Centaury Rural Role model : An outstanding performance of Maltiben Chaudhari National
14 2010-11 Climate Change Issue, Challenges & Mitigation I.V.Patel
Nadiad Climate Change and Animal Husbandry (Causes & Results) National
15 2010-11 Multidimensional Development in Gujarat Dharmendra Sinhji Arts College Rajkot & Saurashtra Res. & Dev. Council Agricultural Development in Gujarat National
16 2011-12 Urbanization Gujarat Economic Association Vapi Urbanization in Gujarat : Problems and Remidies State
17 2011-12 Micro Finance Viveknanad College Kolkata Micro Finance tools for Poverty Allevation National
18 2012-13 Contemporary Issue in Management and Co-operation NICM, Gandhinagar The creation of Employment, Income and Life Style by Co-operative Diary in Gujarat National
19 2012-13 Globalization and Co-operative in India Deptt. Economic, South Gujarat University, Surat Co-operative Dairy is Oxygen for Rural peoples in Gujarat National
20 2012-13 Human Development in Gujarat Gujarat Economic Association, Anand Haveless of Gujarat : With Context of HDI State
21 2012-13 Prospects of Livestock and Dairying in India Anand Agriculture University, Anand An Economic Viability of Livestock of Gujarat National
22 2012-13 The Indian Education System : The Crises and the Shifting Paradigms Third peoples Education Congress, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad Privatization in Higher Education in India National
23 2013-14 New Dimensional Approaches Livestock Productivity Veterinary College, Anand Integration of Livestock Production for employment and Income Generationa National
24 2013-14 Research Methods & Methodology Guj. Uni. Eco. Teacher’s Association A’bad. Research in Social Science State
25 2014-15 Rural Employment P. G. Deptt., of Economics S. P. University, Vidyanagar Base Piller for Rural Employment : Co-Operative Dairy Industry National
26 2015-16 Live Stock Farming P. G. Deptt., of Economics S. P. University, Vidyanagar Animal Husbandry is an Emerging Business for poor and Jobless Peoples in India. National
27 2017-18 राष्ट्रे जागृयाम वयम् BAOU Dudhni Kheti Rastraghdtar no Adharstambh National
Other Article :
Sixty (60) Aritcles published in Various Economic Journals and Daily News Papers.
- Gujarat Economic Association, Indian Diary Association, New Delhi,
- Alumni : Dept. of Rural Economics, Gujarat Vidyapith
Examinership Ph.D., Evaluation
Examiner for P.G., M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes in Bhavnagar, Saurashtra and North Gujarat and South Gujarat University.
1. Interview M.Phil, Ph.D.
2. Student Placement programme
3. Co-ordinance of Smaooh Jivan Practicals
4. Annual Attendance statement preparation and Internal Markesheet.
5. Assit in NAAC related woked in department.
6. Assistant Lecturer evaluation by Micro teaching and attitude and aptitude at Sadara Campus.
7. Accounts of Department
8. NSS shibir
9. Supervision in Entrance Preliminary and Semester Exames of M.D. College.
10. Part of Selection of Clerk, Computer skill test supervision and evaluation.
11. Refresher Course, Seminar, Workshop arranged by department.
12. Head of Department form 1st April 2019.
Extension Activities :
- Student Placement
- Gramjivan Padyatra : Different villages for five days.
- NSS Shibir InVillage
- Slum area visit with students for practical understanduing for Economic Issues.
Past Extension Experience :
1. Co-Ordinator in Bodh Gaya Netrayang Shibir 14-11-1988 to 30-11-1988 at Bhiar State.
2. Co-ordinator in Gram Shibir from 27-1-1989 to 30-1-1989 at Morvad Village in Vijapur Taluka.
3. Organizer in Educational Tour of South India from 5-3-1991 to 23-3-1991 at Grambharti, Gram Vidyapith
4. Volunteer in “Gandhi Savaso Gram Sampark Padyatra” from 16-2-1993 to 20-2-1993 in four villages to Vijapur Taluka.
5. Co-ordinator in Gram Shibir from 25-3-1993 to 31-3-1993 at Manekpur Village of Vijaur Taluka.
6. Organizer in Educational Tour of South India from 31-1-1994 to 20-2-1994 at Grambharati, Gram Vidyapith
7. Organizer in Educational Tour of North India from 21-11-1994 to 15-12-1994 at Grambharati, Gram Vidyapith
8. Co-ordinator in “Adivasi Vistar Parichay Shibir” from 31-12-1995 to 8-1-1996 at Kathala in Dahod Taluka.
9. Co-ordinator in Adivasi Vistar Parichay Shibir from 21-12-1997 to 29-12-1997 at Kasana in Megharj Taluka.
Visiting Fellow Under CAS-I
(1) I had delivered six lectures on International Economics and Quantitative Economics during the period 8th to 13th February 2016, at Department of Economics S. P. University, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
(2) I had delivered six lectures on International Economics during the period 29th August to 3rd September 2016, at Department of Economics S. P. University, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
Lecturers Delivered :
1. Oct-2007 Adivasi Vistarma Dairy Vikasna Prashno and Tena Smbhavit Ukelo – A/C. College Khedbrahma.
2. Dec.2007 : Co-operative Education in Gujarat : Idar, A/C. College.
3. Dec.2008 : Gujarat No Sahakari Diary Udyog and Gram Kshetre, Rojagari Ni Tako, H. S. Commerce College Modasa.
4. Dec.2012 : Bhartna Arthik Viikasma Narioni Bhumika A/C. Talod
5. July-2014 : Critisium of Central Budget 2015-16 Gram Vidyapith Grambharati.
6. August-2014 : Co-operative Diary Industry and Development at H. K. Arts College – Ahmedabad.
7. August-2015 : Dairy Industry : Development and Problems. Kheralu A/C. College.
8. September 2018 : Dairy Industry in Gujarat : Origin and Development. Samrpan Arts & Commerce College Gandhinagar.