Dr. Dhara Vaghadia
Ph.D., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad (2011)
- Ph.D., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 2011
- M. Phil., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 2007
- M.A., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 2006
- B.A., Saurashtra University, Rajkot, 2004
Area of Specialization
- Environmental Economics, Micro Economics, International Economics
Contribution to Teaching
- B.A. (Economics) Gujarat Vidyapith, Since 2012
1. Research Guidance provided to 54 students of M.A. (2018-19).
2. Research Guidance provided to 62 students of B.A. (2018-2019).
1. “Valuation of Gir National Park and Sanctuary by Travel Cost Method.” Vidyapith 241 (2011): 96-117. ISSN: 0976-5794.
2. Book Review of Churning the Earth: The Making of Global India. Vidyapith 52.4 (2014): 105-116.
- भारतमां वैश्विकिकरण : प्रभाव अने विकल्पो Ahemdabad, Gujarat Vidyapith,2016,ISBN 9789385091155
- Research Project:
- Currently working as team member on the project of District Human Development Report 2015 funded by Government of Gujarat and UNDP.
- Currently working as team member of the project entitled as Economic Vision of Tribal.
1. Participated in “Capacity Building Programme” during 19-28 March 2018 organized by Sardar Patel Institute of Economics and Social Research, Ahemdabad, India.
2. Participated in Monsoon School on “Perspectives in Environment, Society and Well-being” during 17-23 June 2014 organized by Kalpavriksh: Environment Action Group at Mahin-dra United World College of India, Pune, India.
3. Participated in workshop on “World Trade Organization (WTO)” held on 13 July 2005 at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad
4. Participated in workshop on “World Trade Organization (WTO) and Indian Agriculture” held on 30 August 2005 at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad
1. Participated in the Annual conference on “Towards New Dimensions of Research” on 23rd January 2016 organized by Gujarat University Economics Teachers Association Ahemda-bad and Department of Rural Economics Gujarat Vidyapith,
2. Participated and presented a paper on “(Current Trend in Public Expenditure on Educa-tion) in 44th Annual Conference of Gujarat Economic Association during 14-16 February 2014 held at M.K. College of Commerce, Bharuch.
3. Participated and presented a paper on “भारतना जाहेर खर्चमां शिक्षण क्षेत्रना खर्चना वर्तमान वलणो” (Current Trend in Public Expenditure on Education) in 44th Annual Conference of Gujarat Economic Association during 14-16 February 2014 held at M.K. College of Com-merce, Bharuch.
4 Participated in the international conference on “Women, Education and Social Develop ment” during 21-23 February 2013 organized by Gujarat Vidyapith, Central University of Gujarat and McMaster University, Canada, at Peace Research Centre, Gujarat Vidyapith.
5. Participated and presented a paper on “भारतमां नवउदारवादनो विकास अनुभवो, भयस्थानो अने पदार्थपाठो” in 43th Annual Conference of Gujarat Economic Association during 1-3 February 2013 held at N.S. Patel Arts College, Anand, Gujarat.
6. Participated in Fifth biennial conference organized by the Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE) on “Environmental Governance” held during 21-23 January 2009 at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad.
7. Participated and presented a paper on “गरीबीना निर्देशकोनो तुलनात्मक अभ्यास”(Comparative Study of Poverty Indicators) at 38th Annual Conference organized by Gujarat Economic Association during 2-3 February 2008 at Sardar Patel Institute of Economics & Social Research, Ahmedabad.
- Seminars / Workshops / Training Camps Organized
- 1. Organized a panel discussion on “Current Form and Challenge in Khadi and Cottage Based Industry in Global India ”2013
2. Organized a workshop on “Current Trends and Challenge in Cottage Based Industry” in 2014.
3. Organized a workshop on “Spss” in 2014.
4. Organized a workshop on “panchayat Budget” in 2016.
5. Organized a workshop on “Census Info Software” in 2018.
6. Organized a workshop on “” in 2015.
- Member of Board of Studies of Economics Department, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- A. Economics Examination evaluator since 2013.
Academic and NGO’s
- Lifetime member of Gujarat Economic Association
- Extension Activities
- Participated in different activities of NSS in the college.
- Participates in Gram Jeevan Padyatra every year since 2012.
- Radio Talk Delivered
- Discussion of Central Budget-2016 on All India Radio, Ahemdabad 29-02-2016.