Department of Physical Education, Faculty of Physical Education and Sports Science started imparting Physical education from the academic year 1989-90. The MPED Master of Physical Education Programme started from year 1994. The Programme approved by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE). The Institute has been striving to make Building a healthy society and developing physical education and sports with Gandhian system. The main objectives of M.P.Ed. Programme is to provide strong foundation in the subject of Physical Education. M.P.Ed. programme is a professional programme meant for preparing Physical Education Teachers for senior secondary (Class XI and XII) level as well as Assistant Professor/Directors/Sports Officers in Colleges/Universities and Teacher Educators in College of Physical Education, Researches in research institution or sports industries and Entrepreneur to start their own company. The M.P.Ed. programme is designed to integrate the study of childhood, social context of Physical Education, subject knowledge, pedagogical knowledge, aim of Physical Education and communication skills. The programme comprise of compulsory and optional theory as well as practical courses and compulsory school internship in School/ College/Sports Organizations/Sports Academy/Sports Club.
- Attendance: Minimum requirement of attendance is 80% of working days.
- Passing Standards: Minimum 40% marks requiring in each subject (in internal as well as external examination).
Admission shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination written test, physical fitness test and marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
Candidates who have obtained at least fifty five percent marks in the B.P.Ed. degree/ or B.Sc. degree in Physical Education, Health Education and sports / are eligible for admission. The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government / State Government, whichever is applicable.
There shall be a basic unit of 30 (Thirty) students with one sections of 30 (Thirty) each.
2 Years (Four Semester)
Selection Process Content
|Year||Education Fees||Hostel Fees with Food Bill (Approximate)|
|1 (SEM 1 & 2)||6280.00/-||17,250.00/-||17,250.00/-|
|2 (SEM 3 & 4)||5430.00/-||17,250.00/-||17,250.00/-|
The courses and programmes in Faculty of Physical education and sports science has been designed to comply with the outcome-based teaching and learning. The courses are best in the Gujarat state and the placement of students across the Gujarat state and as well as whole India in various institutes. The major learning outcomes of the post graduate program are
- To identify, summarize, plan and design physical activity, exercise, yoga, teaching and coaching programme as per needs of the society.
- State, compare, manipulate, design & deduce research enquiry in physical education & sports.
- Recognize the physical and mental benefits of increased activity.
- Understand and utilize various teaching methods and sports training methods.
- Graduates will describe and apply physiological and biomechanical concepts related to skill-full movement, movement patterns motor development and motor learning, biomechanics and developmental readiness to learn.
- Participate in active learning to stimulate continued inquiry about Gandhian thoughts, physical education, health and fitness.
- To plan physical activity class room lessons and coaching lessons in physical education.
- Demonstration ability and an expert knowledge of the playing strategies and skills of the sports and physical education.
- Measures the individual levels of fitness components.
- Graduates will maintain a health-enhancing level of fitness throughout the program as well as be able to collect and analyze personal fitness data.