Department of Physical Education, Faculty of Physical Education and Sports Science started imparting Physical education from the academic year 1989-90. The BPED Bachelor of Physical Education Programme started from year 1996. The Programme approved by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE). The Institute has been striving to make Building a healthy society and developing physical education and sports with Gandhian system. Bachelor of Physical Education (B. P. Ed.) two years (Four Semesters Choice Based Credit System) programme is a professional programme meant for preparing teachers of physical education in classes VI to X and for conducting physical education and sports activities in classes XI and XII. B. P. Ed. programme shall be designed to integrate the study of childhood, social context of Physical Education, subject knowledge, pedagogical knowledge, aim of Physical Education and communication skills. The programme comprises of compulsory and optional theory as well as practical courses and compulsory school internship.
- Attendance: Minimum requirement of attendance is 80% of working days.
- Passing Standards: Minimum 40% marks requiring in each subject (in internal as well as external examination).
Admission shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination (written test, physical fitness test and marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks and having at least participation in the Inter- College/ Inter-Zonal/ District/ School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education with 45% marks.
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks and studied physical education as compulsory/ elective subject.
- Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks and having participated in National/ Inter University/ State competitions or secured l”, 2nd or 3rd position in Inter .College/ Inter-Zonal/ District/ School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India.
- Bachelor’s degree with participation in international competitions or secured l“, 2nd or 3’d position in National/ Inter-University competition in sports and games as recognized by respective federations/ AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India.
Graduation with 45% marks and at least three years of teaching experience (for deputed in-service candidates i.c. trained physical education teachers/ coaches) The relaxation in the percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and in the reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government / State Government, whichever is applicable.
There shall be a basic unit of 50 (Fifty) students with one sections of 50 (fifty) each.
2 Years (Four Semester)
Selection Process Content
|Year||Education Fees||Hostel Fees with Food Bill (Approximate)|
|1 (SEM 1 & 2)||6280.00/-||17,250.00/-||17,250.00/-|
|2 (SEM 3 & 4)||5530.00/-||17,250.00/-||17,250.00/-|
The courses and programmes in Faculty of Physical education and sports science has been designed to comply with the outcome-based teaching and learning. The courses are best in the Gujarat state and the placement of students across the Gujarat state and as well as whole India in various institutes. The major learning outcomes of the post graduate program are
- To identify, summarize, plan and design physical activity, exercise, yoga, teaching and coaching programme as per needs of the society.
- State, compare, manipulate, design & deduce research enquiry in physical education & sports.
- Recognize the physical and mental benefits of increased activity.
- Understand and utilize various teaching methods and sports training methods.
- Graduates will describe and apply physiological and biomechanical concepts related to skill-full movement, movement patterns motor development and motor learning, biomechanics and developmental readiness to learn.
- Participate in active learning to stimulate continued inquiry about Gandhian thoughts, physical education, health and fitness.
- To plan physical activity class room lessons and coaching lessons in physical education.
- Demonstration ability and an expert knowledge of the playing strategies and skills of the sports and physical education.
- Measures the individual levels of fitness components.
- Graduates will maintain a health-enhancing level of fitness throughout the program as well as be able to collect and analyze personal fitness data.