Dr. D. Srinivas Murty
Ph.D., Gujarat University.(2004)
- Ph.D. : Gujarat University,, Ahmedabad, Microbiology, 2004
- M.Sc. : Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, Microbiology, 1993
- B.Sc. : Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, Microbiology, 1990
Area of Specialization:
- Microbiology and Environmental Biotechnology
- Biomethanation and Co-Digestion
- Microbial Enzymology and Applications
- Anaerobic Microbiology, Rumen Microbiology
Presently Working in the areas of
- Anaerobic Treatment of Paper and Pulp industry waste
- “Solid State Fermentation for Animal Feed Improvement” jointly with researchers of Department of Animal Nutrition, Anand Agricultural University (AAU), Anand, Gujarat 388001, India
- Valorization of Vegetable Market waste by Solid State Fermentation
- “Isolation and characterization of Specific Tropic Groups of Strict Anaerobes from Cattle Rumen’’ jointly with researchers of Department of Animal Biotechnology, College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Anand Agricultural University (AAU), Anand, Gujarat 388001, India
- “Isolation and characterization of Specific Tropic Groups of Strict Anaerobes from Camel Rumen” jointly with researchers of ICAR-National Research Centre on Camel, Jorbeer, Bikaner, Rajasthan 334001, India
Master Thesis: 85
M. Phil. : 6
Ph.D.: 1 (Co-Guide)
- 1st Feb. 2011,GUJCOST,Student Project (Pi),Metabolic Characterization of Anaerobic Bacteria.,16000/,Completed
- 1st Feb. 2011,GUJ-COST,Student Project (Pi),Isolation and Metabolic Characterization of SRB from Mangrove Ecosystem.,19000/,Completed
- 2011,GSBTM,Major (Pi),Degradation of Tannary waste and Phenolic Compounds by Novel Anaerobic Tannin Degrading Bacterial Isolate in Pure and Mixed Culture.,14.4 Lakhs,Completed
2011,ICAR,Major (Multi- institutional) (Co-Pi),Niche Area of Excellence, “Metagenomic Analysis of Ruminal Microbes”.,258.0 Lakhs,Completed
2014,GSBTM,Major (Multi- institutional) (Co-Pi),Exploring Bioremediation Strategies For Treatment of Chromophore Linked Contaminated Waste Water Using Sequential Anaerobic-Microaerophilic Reactors.,18.81 Lakhs,Completed
2014,GUJ-COST,Major (Co-Pi),Enzymatic Deconstruction of Agro. Residues for Biofermentation and Biofuel Production. ,7.00 Lakhs,Completed
2015,DBT,Major (Multi- institutional) (Pi),Bio prospecting of Crop Residues By SSF To Enhance Nutrient Utilization and Feed Efficiency in Ruminants.,83.86 Lakhs,Completed March -2018
2019,GSBTM,Major (Multi- institutional) (Pi-Coordinator ),An Integrated Process to Enhance the Biological Treatment Efficiency and Improve the Quality of Effluent Discharge from Paper and Pulp Industry ,66.01 Lakhs,On Going
2019,GSBTM,Major (Multi- institutional) (Co-Pi),Valorization of Vegitable and Food Market Waste By Bioconversion ,53.04 Lakhs,On Going
A Study on Production of plant Growth Promoters and Mineral Solubilization Ability of Indigenous Rhizobacteria Isolated from Allium cepa (L). ,Ashruti Pawar, Sharada Patil, Srinivas Murty Duggirala,International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR) Year 2019, Vol 6, Issue 1, ISSN 2349-5138, Page No 138-143,
Influence of Supplementing Solid State Fermented Biomass on Digestibility, Microbial Nitrogen Supply and Enteric Methane Emissions in Cattle,P.L. Sherasia, P.R. Pandya, S. Parnerkar, M.V. Prajapati, S. Murty,Indian Journal of Animal Nutrition, Year 2018, Volume-35, Issue-2 (June) pp 138-143Print ISSN : 0970-3209 Online ISSN : 2231-6744, Page No 138,143
In Vitro Digestibility and Methane Production as Affected by Incorporation of Different Levels of Solid State Fermented Biomass in Total Mixed Rations,P.L. Sherasia, P.R. Pandya, S. Parnerkar, S. Murty, B.R. Devalia,Indian Journal of Animal Nutrition, Year 2017, Volume-34 (4):420-424 Print ISSN : Pa Page No 0970-3209 Online ISSN : 2231-6744,420,424
Genome sequencing of Pediococcus acidilactici (NRCC1), a novel isolatefrom dromedary camel (Camelus dromedarius) rumen fluid,Rakesh Ranjan & Ramesh J. Pandit & Srinivas M. Duggirala & Chaitanya G. Joshi & Shradhdha Sharma & Niteen V. Patil,Annals of Microbiology 68(2) 103-110, Year 201 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13213-017-1320-0 , Page No 103,110
Mechanistic aspects of Au(III) sorption by Aspergillus terreus SRD49,Kruti R. Shah, Srinivas M. Duggirala, Devayani R. Tipre and Shailesh R. Dave. ,Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers 80:46-51, Year 2017 , Page No 46,51
Influence of Incorporating Different Levels of SSF Biomass containing DFM in Total Mixed Ration on In vitro Digestibility and Methane Production,P.L Sherasia, P. R Pandya, S. Parnekar, Srinivas Murty and B. R Devalia,Indian Journal Of Animal Nutrition 34(2):145-149, Year 2017 Doi:10.5958/2231-6744. 2017.00067.,Page No 145,149
Antibacterial Activity Of Abutilon pannosum And Grewia tenax Leaves Extracts,Mital K. Aadesariya, Bhagwati M. Gauni, Srinivas M. Duggirala, Vijay R. Ram, Suhas J. Vyas.,World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 6(16) 1259-1274, Year 2017 ISSN 2277– 7105 doi: 10.20959/wjpr201716-10325, Page No 1259,1274
Characterization and Bio-prospecting of Fungi for Ag(I), Au(III) and Pd(II) sorption, Kruti R. Shah, Srinivas M. Duggirala, Devayani R. Tipre and Shailesh R. Dave., International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences ISSN: 2319-7706 doi: 10.20546/ ijcmas. 2016.505.065 5(5): 647-656, Year 2016, Page No 647,656
Pretreatment optimization of Sorghum pioneer biomass for bioethanol production and its scale-up.,Manoj Koradiya, Srinivas Duggirala, Devayani Tipre, Shailesh Dave.,Bioresource Technology. 199:142-149, Year 2016 doi.:10.1016/j.biortech.2015.08.156. ISSN: 0960-8524 Elsevier,Page No 142,149
Correlation between genomic analyses with metatranscriptomic study reveals various functional pathways of Clostridium sartagoforme AAU1, a buffalo rumen isolate.,Neelam M. Nathani, Srinivas M. Duggirala, Vaibhav D. Bhatt, Amrutlal K Patel, Ramesh K. Kothari & Chaitanya G. Joshi.,Journal of Applied Animal Research. 44(1) pp. 498-507, Year 2016 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09712119.2015.1091346 ,Page No 498,507
Isolation of chitinolytic Clostridium sp. NCR from Mehsani buffalo rumen, its genomic analysis and potential role in rumen,Neelam M. Nathani, Srinivas M. Duggirala, Chandra Shekar M., Ramesh K. Kothari, Chaitanya G. Joshi,Genomics Data ISSN: 2213-5960 2(5):109–111, Year 2015 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gdata.2015.05.017 2213-5960, Page No 109,111
Bacillus nealsonii AAU1; Anaerobic; Phenotypic Characterization; Genomic Analysis..,Neelam M. Nathania, Srinivas M. Duggirala, M. Chandra Shekara, Ramesh K. Kothari, Chaitanya G. Joshi.,Journal of Genomics Data. 2(5): 109-111 doi:10.1016/j.gdata.2015.05.017. Publisher: Elsevier Year 2015 ,109,111
Bacterial b-glucosidase production., Ruchita Bhuva, D. Srinivas Murty, Bhatt Nikhil.,Vidyapith. Vol 1:88-99, Year 2015 ISSN-0976-5794,Page No 88,99
Field Scale Comparative Study on Application of DAP, Urea and Humic Acid on Soil Flora and Crop Productivity.,Sheth Niraj T., Desai Jigeesha K., Patodiya Mehula M., Bhatt Nikhil S., Duggirala Srinivas M.,Vidyapith. Vol 4:17-31, Year 2015 ISSN-0976-5794,17,31
Vermiconversion of Potato Waste By Eisenia foetida and Its application on the growth of Vigna radiate and Trigonella foenumgraecum,Bhumi Patel, Niraj Sheth, Srinivas Murty, Nikhil Bhatt and Rajendra Khimani,Vidyapith. Vol 4:48-64, Year 2015 ISSN-0976-5794, Page No 48,64
Study on Reactive decolourization by Anaerobic Bacteria,Sheth Niraj T., Bhimani Bhumika M., Bhatt Nikhil S., Duggirala Srinivas M.,Vidyapith. Vol 4:65-81, Year 2015 ISSN-0976-5794,65,81
Isolation Structural Characterization and Production of EPS using batch culture by Bacillus Sp. Isolated from soil.,Viral Shukla, Manisha Patel, D Srinivas Murty.,International Journal of Research in Engineering and Applied Science. ISSN: 2248-1862, Year 2015 IJERS Vol 2(3):102-109,2248,1862
Genomic analysis of a novel strain of Bacillus nealsonii, isolated from Surti buffalo rumen.,Neelam M. Nathania, Srinivas M. Duggirala, Ramesh K. Kothari, Chaitanya G. Joshi,Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology. 5: 235-245, , Year 2014 ISSN Online: 2156-8502 Publisher: Hindwai,235,245
Remediation of Textile Reactive Dyes Using Anaerobic Rumen Consortium.,D Srinivas Murty, Sheth Niraj, Nikhil S Bhatt, Unnati Vanjani.,International Journal of Recent Scientific Research. Vol. 4(9):1400-1405, , Year 2013 ISSN: 0976-3031,1400,1405
Characterization of Bacillus sp. and Protease Production in SSF.,D Srinivas Murty, Patel Himanshu, Koradiya Manoj, Nikhil S. Bhatt.,JSR – International Journal of Scientific Research.Volume : 2(9):22-24, Year 2013 ISSN No 2277-8179,22,24
- Isolation and Characterization of Bacteria from Dye Wastewater Treating Down Flow Fixed Film Reactor (DFFR).,D Srinivas Murty, Sheth Niraj, Pawar Ashruti, Nikhil S Bhatt. ,International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology. 2(10):3270-3280, Year 2013 ISSN: 2278-0181,3270,3280
- Isolation and Identification of Bacterial Culture for Azo Dye Degrading Capability.,D Srinivas Murty, Patel Suhagi, Soni Rakesh, Nikhil S Bhatt.,International Journal For Research In Chemistry and Environment. 2: 69-79, Year 2012 ISSN: 2248-9649,69,79
- Antibacterial activity of certain commonly used spices against opportunistic pathogenic bacteria.,D Srinivas Murty, Nikhil S. Bhatt, Nishant S Junnarkar and Divyesh Chauhan.,Bioscience Guardian. 2(1):167-170, Year 2012 ISSN 2277-9493,167,170
- Biodegradation study on Reactive Blue 222 by bacterial consortium.,Bhatt Nikhil S, Vaghasiya Harsha M and D Srinivas Murty.,Bioscience Guardian. 2(1): 137-150, Year 2012 ISSN 2277-9493,137,150
- Metagenomic analysis of Surti buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) rumen a preliminary study.,Singh K.M., Ahir V.B., Tripathi A.K., Ramani U.V., Sajnani M., Koringa P.G., Jakhesara S., Pandya P.R., Rank D.N., Murty D.S., Kothari R.K., Joshi C.G.,Molecular Biology Reports. 39: 4841–4848, Year 2011 DOI 10.1007/s11033-011-1278-0. ISSNL 1573-4978 Publisher: Springer ,4841,4848
- Interrelationship between alkaline phosphatase activity and soil characteristics. ,Bhatt Nikhil S, Asma Sherasiya, D Srinivas Murty and Nishant S. Junnarkar.,Bioscience Guardian. 1(2): 473-480, Year 2012 ISSN 2277-9493,473,480
- Anaerobic treatment of dairy wastewater with laboratory scale up flow fixed film anaerobic reactor.,Bhatt Nikhil S, Acharya D. K, Acharya R. D and D. Srinivas Murty.,Bioscience Guardian. 1(2): 441-448, Year 2012 ISSN 2277-9493,441,448
- Decolorization of diazo dye Direct Red 81 by a novel bacterial consortium.,Bhatt Nikhil S, Asma Sherasiya, D. Srinivas Murty and Nishant S Junnarkar.,World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. Vol: 6 407-418, Year 2012 ISSN: 0959-3993 DOI: 10.1002/jobm. 200410504Publisher: Springer,407,418
- Chapter: Anaerobic Digestion and Methanogenesis for Waste Treatment. Duggirala S. M., and Dave S. R. Book: Environmental Microbiology (Eds: B. B. Mishra, D.R. Nanda and S. R. Dave) ISBN: 978-81-313-0655-0 APH Publishing Corporation New Delhi. 2009.National, 2009
2-3 Feb 2019,XXXIII Gujarat Science Congress Poster: Cellulase Production by SSF and Its Scale up (S Patel and D Srinivas Murty) ,LJ Institute of Applied Sciences Ahmedabad
15-16 March 2019,Recent Trends and Emerging Issues in Microbiology and Pharmaceutical BiotechnologyPoster: Optimization of Physicochemical Parameters for Enhanced Production of Lignolytic Enzymes Using P. Sajor caju in SSF (S Sharma and D Srinivas Murty),Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology Gujarat University Ahmedabad
5-8 Oct 2018,India International Science Festival -2018 Poster: In-Vitro Anticancer Activity and Cytotoxicity Study of Some Novel Heterocyclic Compounds of Tetralone Derivatives (B. Gauni and D Srinivas Murty),Indira Gandhi Pratisthan Lucknow
5-8 Oct 2018,India International Science Festival -2018 Poster: Screening of Agro residue Biomass For Ligninanse and Hemicellulase Production in SSF ,Indira Gandhi Pratisthan Lucknow
Dec 8-10 2016,International Conference on Current Trends in Biotechnology ICCB 2016 Poster (Fungal Solid State Fermentation for Cellulase Production and Its Application, S. Patel and S. Murty) p14,School Of Biosciences, VIT University, Vellore.
Dec 8-10 2016,International Conference on Current Trends in Biotechnology ICCB 2016 Poster (Isolation and characterization of anaerobic bacteria from camel rumen S. Sharma and S. Murty) p27,School Of Biosciences, VIT University, Vellore.
Dec.27-28 2013,International Symposia on ‘Integrating Basic and Translational Research in Modern Biology Biology’. Poster (An investigation on Bacterial L-Asparginase),Maharaja Sayaji Rao University, Baroda.
Nov. 17-20 2013,International Symposium on ‘Frontier Discoveries and Innovations in Microbiology and Its Interdisciplinary Relevance” AMI-54. Poster (Importance of Pre-Treatment of Sorghum for Organic Acid Production.),AMI And Maharshi Dayanand University, Rhotak.
Nov. 17-20 2013,International Symposium on ‘Frontier Discoveries and Innovations in Microbiology and Its Interdisciplinary Relevance” AMI-54. Poster (Screening and Characterization of Fungi as Potential Biosorbent for Eco-friendly remediation of Silver.),AMI And Maharshi Dayanand University, Rhotak
Nov. 21-23 2012,International Conference on Industrial Biotechnology. Poster (Development of Bio refinery from Sorghum Biomass.),BRSI Department of Biotech. Punjab University, Patiala
Nov. 21-23 2012,International Conference on Industrial Biotechnology. Poster (Effect of heavy metals on decolorization of Reactive Red 35 by Pseudomonas aeruginosa ARSKS 20.),BRSI Dept of Biotech Punjabi University Patiala
28th July 2012,National Seminar on Biosafety,Gujarat University, Shivrath Clinical Research and GSBTM
31st March, 2012,National Seminar on “Bioinformatics in High-Throughput Era”: Poster Presentation- A novel organism identified from buffalo rumen using Ion Torrent PGM –a high throughput sequencing platform.,Gujarat Cancer Research Institute Ahmedabad and GSBTM Gandhinagar
Nov. 2011,UGC Sponsored National Seminar. Research Advances In Microbial Technology. Poster (Isolation and Characterization of Novel Keratinolytic Bacillus Spp.),Virani Science Collage Rajkot.
3-6 Nov. 2011,52nd Annual Conference Of AMI. “International Conference on Microbial Biotechnology for Sustainable Development” Poster (Study on Physicochemical Pretreatment of Biomass For Bioethanol Production.),AMI and Punjab University Chandigarh, India
16-25 2011 May (10 Days),CSIR Sponsored National Worksop: Short Course.“Role of Whole Genome Sequencing In Animal and Plant Biotechnology”,Dept. Of Animal Biotech. Collage Of Vet. Sci. And Animal Husbandry, AAU Anand. Gujarat
28th Feb. 2011,UGC Sponsored National Seminar. Research Advances In Microbial Technology Dept. of Microbiology. Isolation and Characterization of Novel Keratinolytic Bacillus Spp.,Virani Science Collage Rajkot
2nd Jan. 2011,National Conference: Current Developments in Microbial Biotechnology. Poster (Comparative Study on amylase and b-glucosidase production from two isolates.),M.G. Science Institute, Ahmedabad.and GSBTM, Gandhinagar at AMA
23-24 Jan. 2010,UGC Sponsored National Seminar: Current Trends In Microbiological Sciences. Characterization and Partial Purification of Keratinase from Bacterial Isolate.,M.G. Science Institute Ahmedabad at AMA
23-24 Jan. 2010 ,UGC Sponsored National Seminar: “Current Trends In Microbiological Sciences”. Poster (Isolation and Characterization of Amylolytic Organisms.),M.G. Science Institute Ahmedabad at AMA
15-18 Dec. 2009,International Conference: Poster Presentation: 3rd Golden Era of Microbiology. 50th Annual Conference AMI. Poster (Cellulolytic Enzyme Production on Agricultural Biomass by SSF) ,NCL, Pune
6-8 Dec. 2009,International Conference: Environmental Issues in Emerging and advanced Economies: Canada, India. Oral Presentation: Use of Starch Industry Waste for Enzyme Production.,Department of Chemistry, Gujarat University, at AMA Ahmedabad
17-20 Dec. 2010,International Conference: Organic Farming,Bhaikkaka Farm: At Sojitra, Anand.
2-3 March 2009,Regional Conference: Microbial Technology For Sustainable Environment. Poster (Isolation of Anaerobic Starch and Cellulose Degrading Bacteria from Cattle Rumen.),Department of Microbiology, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
2-3 March 2009,Regional Conference: Microbial Technology For Sustainable Environment. Poster (Isolation of an Anaerobic Tannin Degrading Bacteria from Cattle Rumen.),Department of Microbiology, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
2-3 March 2009,Regional Conference: Microbial Technology For Sustainable Environment. Oral Presentation “Isolation and Characterization of Keratinolytic Bacteria”.,Department of Microbiology, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
2-3 March 2009,Regional Conference: Microbial Technology For Sustainable Environment. Oral Presentation “Isolation and study of Ferrous Oxidation by Two Bacterial Isolates”,Department of Microbiology, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
2-3 March 2009,Regional Conference: Microbial Technology For Sustainable Environment. Oral Presentation “Hydrolytic Enzyme Production On Agricultural Biomass by SSF’,Department of Microbiology, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
17-25 May 2007,Wokshop: 2nd Multi Institutional Teacher’s Training Program in Molecular Biology & 14Bioinformatics,GSBTM, DFS, AAU Govt. of Gujarat. Gandhinagar
4th March 2006,National Symposium on Contemporary Development in Life Sciences. Oral Presentation “Tolerance of Heavy Metals by Thiobacillus feroxidance”, Department of Microbiology, North Gujarat University, Patan
4th March 2006,National Symposium on Contemporary Development in Life Sciences. Oral Presentation “A study on EPS production by Bacterial Isolates”.,Department of Microbiology, North Gujarat University, Patan
4th March 2006,National Symposium on Contemporary Development in Life Sciences. Oral Presentation “Deflouridization of drinking water”.,North Gujarat University, Patan
4th March 2006,National Symposium on Contemporary Development in Life Sciences. Oral Presentation “Bioremediation of Duck weeds”.,North Gujarat University, Patan
22-23 Jan. 2005,Regional Symposium on Microbial Technology. Oral Presentation “Anaerobic Treatment of Dairy waste”.,Department of Microbiology: Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
29 Nov.- 11 Dec. 2004,National Workshop: Methods in Molecular Biology,Department of Biosciences. S.P. University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand.
22 Nov.-18 Dec 2004,National Workshop: Perspective in Biological Research- UGC-DSA sponsored winter school.,Department of Biosciences. S.P. University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand.
1-2 March 2003,National Symposium on Microbial Diversity on Sustainable development: Oral Presentation “Anaerobic treatment of dairy waste.”,Department of Microbiology, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
- 18-11-11,AAU-GSBTM,Invited Lecture in National Seminar. “Changing Roles of Bio informaticians in NGS Era”.,“Challenges and Solutions in Metagenomic Analysis of NGS Data”.
- 23-2-12,AAU-ICAR 15-24 Feb 2012,Short course on “Recent Advances in Crop Residue Based Total Mixed Rations for Improving Animal Productivity” 10 Day National Workshop,“Solid State Fermentation Technology- Process and Applications.”
- 4-3-12,Gujarat University GSBTM,Invited Lecture in National Seminar.“Bioinforma ics in Microbial Diversity”.,“Metage omic Approach to Study Microbial Diversity and Interactions”
1-3 Feb 2018,Junagadh Agricultural University,Lead Paper XVII Biennial Conference of Animal Nutrition Society of India Nutritional Challenges For Raising Animal Productivity To Improve Farm Economy,Solid state fermentation of crop residues and its use in livestock ration Dr. D. Srinivas Murty , Dr. P. R. Pandya, Dr. B. R. Devalia, Shrusti Patel
15/9/2018,Shree Ramkrishna Institute of Computer Education and Applied Science, M.T.B. College campus, Athwlines, Surat. ,Expert Lecture Coordinately organized by Environment Science and Biotechnology Department ,Anaerobic Technology and Reactor Designs for Waste Water Treatment
- Invention: Laboratory scale biphasic anaerobic packed bed reactor for treating High BOD containing waste water. Application Number 2220/MUM/2013 Date: 01/07/2013.
- Invention: Microbiological growth medium containing mushroom extract. Application no. is 508/MUM/2015 Date: 18/02/2015.
- Ex-Committee member in Gujarat Vidyapith Trust (2009-10),
- Ex-Executive committee member in Gujarat Vidyapith (2009-10),
- Core committee Member of NAAC committee of Gujarat Vidyapith (2015-16)
- Presently a member in Academic Council of Gujarat Vidyapith.
- Presently a member in Administrative Council of Gujarat Vidyapith.
- Presently having responsibility as Coordinator of IQAC of Gujarat Vidyapith.
- Member in Biotech Research Society of India
- Member of Gujarat Science Academy.
- Member of Academic Council in Gujarat Vidyapith,
- Member of Planning and Monitoring Board for Higher Education and Research in Gujarat Vidyapith
- RDC Committee Member in Veer Narmad South Gujarat University.