Prof. Punita A. Harne
Ph.D., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad (2003)
- Ph.D., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 2003
- M. Phil., Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 1999
- M. J. S (Master in Journalism Studies), Gujarat University, 1993
- B.C.J.P (Bachelor of Communication, Journalism and Public Relation), Gujarat University, 1989
- B. Sc (Physics), Gujarat University, 1988
Area of Specilization
- Rural and Development Communication, Woman’s Studies, Writing skills and Editing, Intercultural communication.
Contribution to Teaching
Teaching assigned papers and developing course content and restructuring course as and when required.
As a part of teaching and developing reading material, wrote a monograph related to the one of the topic on Mahatma Gandhi, which is covered in the syllabus.
- Eight (8) Students are working in their research area to pursue their PhD degree under my guidance.
- Seven (7) Students are awarded with M. Phil degree under my Guidance and (2) Students are working in their research area to pursue their M. Phil degree under my guidance.
- Research project was assigned and funded by IASE (Institute of Advanced studies in Education) Saragossa, Rajasthan, Under Social Harmony chair for the year 2014-15.
- The Project ‘Role of Media in Gender Harmony’ completed successfully and submitted to the assigning authority
E=English–, H=Hindi–, G=Gujarati
Contribution in Encyclopedia:
- ‘140 Bio-Brief of Gujarati Journalists and Women Journalists’ published in Encyclopedia “Pragya Pratibha nu Kirti Shikhar (G), Arihant Publication, Bhavnagar, Gujarat 2012.
- ‘Gujarati Columnist and Journalist’ with revise and new entries (G) Published in Encyclopedia “Swapna Shilpio” (G) Arihant publication, Bhavnagar Gujarat 2010.
- ‘105 journalists, Editors, Writers and literary magazine writers’ published in ‘Dhanya Dhara Shaswat Saurabh’ (G) Gujarati Encyclopedia, by Arihant Publication, Bhavnagar March 2010.
- B.G. Horniman (G), Guajarati Encyclopedia volume no 25, 2009
- James Augustus hickey (G), Gujarati Encyclopedia volume no 25, 2007
- C.P. Scott (G) Gujarati Encyclopedia page 192, volume no 24, 2007
- Stree Jivan (G) Gujarati Encyclopedia page 305, volume no 24, 2007
- Streebodh, (G) Gujarati Encyclopedia page 306, volume no 24, 2007
E=English, H=Hindi, G=Gujarati
- Freedom Fighter Journalist Balavantrai Shah, (G), Edited by Punita Arun Harne, Publisher: Rangdwar Prakashan, Ahmadabad -9. ISBN No. 978-93-80125-31-2, pages 162, August 2012.
- Women Power of Gujarat: Remembering the Reverberation’ (G), jointly written (25/49 Chapters), published by Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Gujarat, as a part of Celebration of 50 years of Gujarat (A coffee Table Book) pages 112, 2011.
- ‘Education beyond Boundaries’ (G): Dr. Punita Harne, Dr. Manda Parikh by Indian Society for community Education Navajeevan Road, Ahmadabad 14, pages 100, April 2008.
- ‘Gujarati Newspapers and Women Consciousness’, (G), a PhD Thesis published by Gujarat Vidyapith, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad, ISBN 81-86445-76-5, pages 256+12, December 2004.
- “SAMAY*: A study” (G) with special reference to district level Journalism of Surendranagar District of Gujarat state, (*SAMAY is a Gujarati Weekly from Surendranagar since1947), published by Samay Prakashan Surendranagar, pages 264+6+36, 2000.
- “Father of Indian public Relation: Mahatma Gandhi”, (G), by Punita Harne adaption from Dr. C.V.N. Reddy, published by Gujarat Vidyapith, Ashram Road, Ahmadabad 14, pages 20,August 2003.
Chapters in Books:
E=English 1, H=Hindi 2, G=Gujarati 11
- Sustainable Rural Development Management (H) by Reliable Publishing House, Ahmedabad, 2016. ISBN NO.978-93-85930-04-1
- ‘Mass Media and It’s Quest for Gender Harmony’ published in a book ‘Development Journalism: The Way Forward’ by Sanjiv Bhanawat & Kalyansingh Kothari, published by Centre of Mass Communication and Mass Communication, and UNICEF- Jaipur, Rajasthan, 2016. ISBN NO 978-93-5265-664-6 PAGE NO- 78-87
- ‘Language used for women in Gujarati newspapers and Process of Peace’ published in a Book ‘Women Empowerment through Co-operative Movement’(G), published for the celebration of “International Year of Co-Operative Movement” by Gujarat State Co-operative board, Gujarat pages 22-30, 2015.
- ‘Your Existence….. like a sculptor in a stone’ (G) a memoir published in a book on famous Journalist and Editor of his time Tushar Bhatt ‘A Brave Journalist and a Complete Family man: Tushar Bhatt’ published by Art Book hub, Navajeevan Blocks, Ahmadabad, pages 115-117, April 2014.
- ‘Portrayal of Kasturba (Wife of Mahatma Gandhi) in film ‘Mohan se Mahatma Tak (Hindi film)’ (G) published in a book “Depiction of History in Cinema and Literature” (G), edited by Dwanil Parekh, Published by Gujarat Vidyapith, ashram Road, Ahmadabad 14, ISBN No. 978-73-82124-85-6, pages 65-72, 20-22, April-2012.
- ‘Women Consciousness and Gujarati News Papers’ published in a Book ‘Women Empowerment through Co-operative Movement’(G), published for the celebration of “International Year of Co-Operative Movement” by Gujarat State Co-operative board, Gujarat pages 52-57,2012.
- ‘Teacher of the Teachers’ (G) an article published in a book ‘Chariot of Gandhian Literature’ (G), by Navajeevan Publishing House, Ahmedabad-14 pages 109-111, May 2012.
- ‘Women Discourse and Six Decades of Independence.’ (G)An article published in a book “Narichetana” Edited by Amar Pandit, Published by Kadava patidar prakashan Trust, Ahmedabad, pages 87-96, 2011.
- ‘Sanchar Maddhyam: Paddhati ane Samiksha’ (G), a book review published in a book “Pragat Saraswat” (G), published in Chandrakant Mehta sanman smiti, Ahmadabad, 2011.
- ‘Development Journalism’ a chapter is published in a book ‘Trends of Journalism: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow’ part-IV (G), Arthic Vikas publication pt. Ltd. Ahmadabad
- ‘Bhartiya Jansampark na pita: Mahatma Gandhi’ a chapter/monograph reprinted and published in a book ‘Trends of Journalism: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow’ part-V (G), Arthik Vikas publication pvt. Ltd. Ahmadabad pages 20, 2011.
- ‘Sanchar Madhyam aur Achar Samhita’ (H) a chapter in a book ‘Samachar patra vyavsay evam Press kanun ‘edited by Prof. Sanjiv Bhanavat and Shipra Mathur, ISBN no. 978-81-7137-720-6 published by ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and Rajasthan Hindi Garanth Academy, Jaipur, 2009.
- ‘You v/s you’ (G) a memoir published in a book on Padmashree Prof. Dr. Kumarpal Desai “Shabda ane shrut”, Edited by Pravin Darji and Dr.Balavant Jani, published by Vidyavikas Trust, Ahmadabad, pages 503-506,
- ‘Mohan Dada'(G) a memoir published in a book on Educationist Mohanbhai Patel ‘Shikshandharmi and shabdmarmi Aacharyashree Mohanbhai Patel’.published by Hansaben Patel Ahmadabad pages 169-171,
- ‘Status of Journalism Education in Gujarat, (H) a chapter published in a book “whither Journalism and PR Education, University Book House Pvt Ltd, Jaipur pages 144-154,
Papers and Articles Published:
I =International –, N=National -,R= Regional –
- A Book on Gandhi’s Health experiences: Arogya ni chavi artical (G) a paper published in Navjeevan no Akshar Deh page no 28-30 issue 1 year 7 conti. Issue 69, January 2019 Navjeevan Printing Press, Navjeevan, Ahmedabad.
- ‘Have you ever tested Mugadi and Shipoku? An article republsihed in Opinion dated 5/2/2018 http://opinionmagazine.co.uk/details/3282/mugadee-ke-sheepokun-chaakhyun-chhe-kadee-?
- ‘Speaking for those on the Margins Gandhi, Society and Disability Communication’ a paper published in COMMUNICATION TODAY (Lighthouse of Media Professionals) A BILINGUAL REFEREED MEDIA QUARTERLY Vol. 22, No. 1 (Jan.-March, 2018 (Included in UGC approved list of Journals @ S. No. 49143), RNI No. 58028/94 ISSN 0975-217X pg no 3 to 15
- A collection of letter to Sons and Daughter in lows by Gandhiji : Jyan raho tyan mahekata raho, a paper published in Navajivan no Akshar Deh July- Sept 2017 Year 5, conti. Issue 51-53 issue 7-9
- A Dialogue of Father of the Nation to the Women of the World : Gandhi on Women, a paper published in Navajeevan no Akshar Deh July- Sept 2017 Year 5, conti. Issue 51-53 issue 7-9
- ‘Have you ever tested Mugadi and Shipoku? 3. ‘Mugadi ane shipoku chakhya chhe kadi?’ an article published in ‘Sarthak Jalso’ vol. 9 2017,published by Sarthak Publications, Mahemdavad.
- ‘Mugadi ane shipoku chakhya chhe kadi?’ an article published in Opinion 5-2-2018 republished http://opinionmagazine.co.uk/details/3282/mugadee-ke-sheepokun-chaakhyun-chhe-kadee-?
- Editing and Proof Reading in Marathi of ‘Mangal Prabhat’ (in Marathi language) ISBN-NO 978-81-7229-711-4 Navjeevan Publication, Ahmedabad, 2016
- Editing and Proof Reading in Marathi ‘Aarogyachi killi‘ ISBN-NO 978-81-7229-712-1 Navjeevan Prakashan Ahmedabad, 2011.
- Translation of the convocation lecture of Shree Ramchandra Guha on the occasion of 63rd convocation go Gujarat Vidyapith.
- Transcription of the speech of NAAC committee chairperson Prof. Dr. Gauri Dutt Sharma “Be grounded be Happy” (H) published in ‘Viduyapith’, January -march 2016 ISSN NO-0976-5794 VOL.1 2016 PAGE NO- 2-7
- Advertisement: consumer culture and an Institute of social change’ a research Paper published in Communication Today, ISSN No. 0975-217X, vol. 18, No. 3 July-September, 2016
- Translation of the convocation lecture of Shree Ramchandra Guha on the occasion of 63rd convocation go Gujarat Vidyapith.published in ‘Vidyapith’ October- December 2016, ISSN NO-0976-5794 VOL.4 2016 PAGE NO- 104-115
- Preface writing of a book ‘Samanwit Swar’ (G) a collection of translated articles published by Rahul Prakashan, Ahmedabad ISBN NO 978-93-83173-33-4
- An article ‘Maithili sharan gupt ni naribhavana’ a translation published in a book ‘Samanwit Swar’ published by Rahul Prakashan, Ahmedabad ISBN NO 978-93-83173-33-4 PAGE NO-87-94
- An article ‘Bhartiya bhshao vividhatama ekata’ published in a book ‘Samanwit Swar’ published by Rahul Prakashan, Ahmedabad ISBN NO 978-93-83173-33-4 PAGE NO-95-98
- ‘New courses in Gujarat Vidyapith’ an article published in ‘Gujarat’ magazine of Government of Gujarat (karkirdi margdarshan visheshank) 2016 published by office of Information commissioner, Gandhi Nagar, page no. 106-108
- 15 scripts written on the life of organic farmers and containing problems and achievements they have faced during their farming, produced by Department of Audio Visual Production, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad and ‘Jatan’ institute, Vadodara, January – February 2015.
- ‘Role of Media in Gender Harmony’ a research project was assigned by IASE (Institute of Advanced Studies in Education), Gandhi Vidya Mandir, Saragasan, Rajsthan for the year 2014-15 under the Social Harmony Chair and under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Vidyut Joshi.
- ‘Gujarat Vidyapith Prarambh na Pushpo’ an article published in Vishvamelo An International Bio monthly magazine published by Vishwa Gujarati Samaj, August 2015, Volume 8 Issue 35.
- ‘Patrakartvana Abhyas bad Jansampark kshetr Rojagari ni Vividh Tak’ an article pblished in Journal of Government of Gujarat ‘Gujarat Rojgar Visheshank’, by Department of Information, Government of Gujarat.
- ‘Jatiy samvaditta ma jaher madhyamo no falo’ a research paper published in a magazine YatraPath, published in October-December 2015 Year -9 Issue-1by Indian Society for Community Education, Ahmedabad
- ‘Gujarati Akhbaro ma vaparati streeo mate ni bhasha’ an article published in a book/yearly journal ‘Women empowerment through co-operative movement’ published by Gujarat State Cooperative Board, Gujarat 2015.
- ‘Rural language Newspapers: A Tool for Development in Asia’, published in “AARSI” A research Journal Vol-2 N0-2 ISSN NO 2231-2897, pages 118-126, September 2014. (N)
- ‘Language used for the woman in Gujarati newspapers and issues of peace’, published in a year book of Sahakar Magazine, by Gujarat State Co-operative board, Gujarat pages 22-30, August 2014. (R)
- ‘Elevating learning, Mass media and ever changing Curriculum’, published in E-journal “Journal of Advanced Research in Journalism & mass Communication”, J. Adv. Res. Jour. Mass Comm. 2014; 1(1): pages 6- 10. ISSN 2395 – 3810 (I)
- ‘Samakalin Gujarat’: A Book Review published in “Samajkaran” pages 37-40, July 2014 ISSN NO 2319-3522 (R)
- ‘Text book Writing on Science’ published in a post conference Proceeding “Science writing in Gujarati Language” by National Science and Technology Council, New Delhi, and ISSAR Trust(for science communication) pages 15-17, August 2014.(R)
- ‘Women Centric Soap Operas: An Analysis of Undercurrent of Patriarchy in India’ Communication Today (National Research Journal), Jaipur ISSN NO. 0975-217X pages 26-35,APRIL –JUNE 2013.(N)
- ‘Advertising: An Institute of Consumer Culture’(G) Samajkaran (G) ISSN NO.2319-3522, pages 27-33, JULY 2013. (R)
- ‘Media, Rural Development and Concern for Sustainability’ Spectrum: A Multi-disciplinary E–research Journal vol. 2 issue 2 ISSN NO. 2278-0637 pages 26-35, Feb 2013. (I)
- ‘Gandhi’s Letters to his Sons and Daughter in laws’ (G), Acme International e–journal of Multidisciplinary research ISSN No. 2320-236X Article ID #11014 pages 74-83, Oct-2013. (I)
- ‘Role and Contribution of Gujarat Vidyapith in the Educational Development of Gujarat’ (G) ‘Gujarat Sanshodhan Mandal’s Trimonthly, volume no -LVIII ISSN NO. 0374-8588, pages 108-118, 2013 (R)
- Notion of Woman Empowerment and Mass Media(G), Abhidrasti (G) ISSN no. 0971-6629 August 2013 (R)
- ‘Spread the Fragrance of yours where ever you be’ Jyan Raho Tyan Mahekatan Raho, (G), A book review published in ‘Navjeevan no AksharDeha’ (A literary magazine of Gandhian thought) year I, Issue no. 8-10, December, 2013 pages 297-300, A Navajeevan publication, Ahmadabad, 380014 (R)
- Five Decades of progress of Women in Gujarat,(G) Gujarat, A magazine published by Department of Information, Govt. of Gujarat, pages 20-22, March, 2012. (R)
- Media diversity, Ethics & Gandhi’s Journalism., Communication Today ISSN No.0975-217X, pages 47-57, April-Sept 2012.(N)
- Role of Mass Media in Sustainable Rural Development, Media Today, Center For Communication, Rajasthan University, pages 92-104, April 2011 to March 2012. (N)
- ‘Towards creating the spiritual basement for the Sustainable human society’ (G) a translation of the said topic published in “YatraPath”(G), a journal of Indian society for Community Education, Navjeevan Road, Ahmadabad-14, pages 4-12, 2011. (R)
- ‘From Micro to Magsaysay’ about Magsaysay winner Nilima Mishra (G) an article in Navachetan Ahmadabad, pages 25-27, September 2011. (R)
- ‘Models of Economic Development’, a book review in Aarthik Vikas, Ahmadabad May 2011. ®
- ’62 years of India, 50 years of Gujarat and endless woman Discourse’ (G) Abhidrasti ISBN No. 978-93-80125-31-2, May ’10 (R)
- Right to Information,(G) Navchetan monthly Ahmadabad (G) September 2010 (R)
- Mother Theresa (G) Navchetan monthly Ahmadabad, August 2010 (R)
- Mass Media and Education (G) Abhidrasti Sept. 2010 ISBN No. 978-93-80125-31-2 (R)
- Umbilical cord of existence (G) Navachetan Monthly Ahmadabad Oct-Nov, 2010 (R)
- Information centric society, Information and Women (G) Abhidrasti ISBN No. 978-93-80125-31-2 November 2010 (R)
- ’62 years of India, 50 years of Gujarat and endless woman Discourse’ (G) Tri monthly of Gujarat research Society, Ahmadabad (G) ISSN NO. 0374-8588 (R)
- Indian Language Journalism(G)Navachetan monthly magazine, Ahmadabad May 09 (R)
- Indian language Journalism, (G), Vidyapith (reviewed and refereed journal) ISSN 0976-5794. pages 15-19, July -September, 2009 (R)
- Amte nu sewa tirth’ (G) Navachetan monthly magazine, Ahmadabad (G) Sept. 09 (R)
- ‘Role Traditional Media in Development’ (G) Vidyapith blind peer reviews Journal research Journal, pages 28-37, January-March 2008 (R)
- ‘Even Newspapers don’t spare Women’ (G) Abhidrasti March 2008 ISBN No. 978-93 80125-31-2 (R)
- ‘Education Tradition in India: Issues of autonomy’ (G) Abhidrasti December 09 ISBN No.978-93-80125-31-2 (R)
- Development Journalism (G) Vidyapith (G) January-February, 2007. (R)
- ‘Working Women in Mass Media: a New opening of Neo- feminism’ (G), Abhidrasti (G) ISBN No. 978-93-80125-31-2 (R)
- ‘The Hindu’ (G) in Navachetan monthly magazine, Ahmadabad April 2007 (R)
- ‘The Hindu’ (G) in Bhumiputra May 2007 (R)
- An Interview with parsi genius Dr. Ratan Rustam Marshal (G) Navachetan monthly magazine, Ahmadabad June 2007 (R)
- ‘Sain’ to chalata bhala’ about P. Sai Nath Magsaysay award winner Journalist) (G) Navachetan monthly magazine, Ahmedabad 2007 (R)
- India Journalism Day(29th January) and our Gujarati journalism (G) Navachetan magazine, Ahmedabad (A Nanubhai surati Award Winner article), Navchetan monthly magazine, Ahmedabad January 2006.(R)
- Anniversary of Reader’s Digest (G) Navachetan monthly magazine, Ahmedabad February. 2006 (R)
- Rethinking on women’s day, (G) ) Navachetan monthly magazine, Ahmedabad March 2006 (R)
- ‘The World Of public Relation’ (G) A Book Review in Jaihind daily (G) 18th January 2006 (R)
- There is no lack of information but there is not impact of Information’ Jaihind daily (G) 1st february 2006 (R)
- Journalist writer Balwant singh nee Bhagat Singh (G) Jaihind daily (G) 2006 (R)
- ‘Remembering Baburao Vishnu Paradkar’ on his death anneversary(G), Jaihind daily , 2005 (R)
- Indian Languages: Unity in diversity(a Book Review in Gujarati) published in Jaihind daily,2005 (R)
- Mahtma Gandhi and Hindi Navjeevan, (H) Gurjar Rastravani Ahmadabad 2005 (R)
- An Interview with Neeta Dhammachariji, wife of shree Ahangmaye arya Ratna (Known as Gandhi of shreelanka) in Jaihind daily 2005 (R)
- “We do have a problem of youth in wrong direction : Neeta Dhamachariji” Jaihind (G) 2005 (R)
- Itihas ane sanskruti ni sadhan samagri ane puravastu vidya a book Review Jaihind, 2005. (R)
- Invited Panel Speaker on ‘Mass Media and Issues in Gender equity, Gender Equality and Gender Harmony’ in One Day Seminar on ‘Rethinking Women’s Role’ organised by Chimanbhai Patel Institute of Management and Research, held at the assembly hall of the Institute, Ahmedabad on 10th February 2018.
- ‘Inclusive society and Communication for Disable People’ a lecture delivered at Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, Saurastra University, Rajkot on 3rd february 2017.
- Invited as a Main Speaker on ‘Changing role and responsibilities of journalist in the area of krishi and development journalism’ organized by District Information office Palanpur, Mehsana and Gandhinagar and Krishi University of Dantivada , held at Dantivada University, on 16th July 2013.
- Key Note Speaker in one Day Seminar on ‘Developmental Journalism’, organized by Department of Information, Government of Gujarat held at District Information Office, Mehsana, on 20th March 2010.
- Key Note Speaker in one Day Seminar on ‘Roll of Media in Social awareness and Social Development’, organized by department of Information, District Ahmadabad, Government of Gujarat and Press Academy, Gandhianagar held at GMDC on 23rd February 2010.
Paper presented in National and International Seminar:-
I =International –, N=National -,R= Regional –
- ‘Aarogya ni chavi: Content Analysis’ paper presented in the national seminar organized by department of Journalism and Mass Communication, Gujarat Vidyapith, ashram Road, Ahmedabad, during 14-15 March 2019.
- ‘New Age Journalism: Creative Engagement with Challenging Reality ’ paper presented in the International seminar and ‘26th Annual AMIC Conference on Disturbing Asian Millennials : Some Creative Responses’ organized by School of Communication, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) Karnataka, India during 7-9 June 2018.
- Moderator and chaired a session in the International seminar and ‘26th Annual AMIC Conference on Disturbing Asian Millennials: Some Creative Responses’ organized by School of Communication, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) Karnataka, India during 7-9 June 2018.
- ‘Social Media and Voice of Tribal’ paper presented during the technical sessions of the 3rd All India Media Educators Conference on ‘Power of Media and Technology: Shaping the Future ’ organized by UNICEF, IIMC, PEARL Academy school of Media, Jaipur during 6-8 July,2018.
- ‘Gandhi Fieldwork and Curricular Challenges: Experiences from Padayatra’ a paper presented in a National conference on ‘Role and Relevance of Extension Education: Vision 2020’ organised by University Department of Extension Education, S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Juhu Campus, Mumbai, on 11-12 September 2017.
- Chairperson and discussant in session of ‘language Media and Accessibility’ in two day Inter National seminar during 9-11 January 2017 organised by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication Mumbai Vidyapith, Maharashtra, Jonkoping University, Sweden and ICSSR New Delhi.
- ‘Speaking in the favor of the Margin: Gandhi, Society and Dis/ability Communication’ a paper presented at two day Inter National seminar during તા. 9-11 January 2017 organised by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication Mumbai Vidyapith, Maharashtra, Jonkoping University, Sweden and ICSSR New Delhi.
- ‘Development Journalism and Local Language Newspaper: A Study’ paper presented at two day National Seminar organized by Department of Journalism and Mass communication, Gujarat Vidyapith, on 20-21 January 2017 at Gujarat Vidyapith ashram Road, Ahmedabad.
- ‘Media and Women: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow’ chaired the first session of the National Seminar and lectured on the said topic on 30-31 March 2017 at North Maharastra University, Jalgaon. Maharastra.
- Planned and organized two day National Seminar on ‘Media Democracy and Development’ on 20-21 January, 2017 at Department of journalism and Mass Communication, Gujarat Vidyapith, ashram Road, Ahmedabad-380014.
- Member in Media team for Convocation Function of Gujarat Vidyapith.
- Given a Radio talk on Sanskriti Sadbhavana divas in All India Radio.
- Member in escort committee for NAAC committee members in April 2016.
- Participated with student in one day seminar on ‘The state of the state (Gujarat)’organised by(India Today magazine and Aaj Tak channel), on 23-12-2016 in Ahmedabad.
- ‘Mahatma Gandhi aur Hindi Navajeevan’ a paper presented at two day National seminar during 10-12 December 2016 on ‘Rajbhasha aur Prayojankulak Hindi ‘ organised by Hindi Department and Bhasha Sankay of Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad.
- ‘Mahatma Gandhi aur Hindi Navjeevan’ a paper presented in National Conference on ‘Raj Bhasha Aur Prayojan Mulak Hindi’ organized by Department of Hindi, and Bhasha Sankay of Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad, 10-12 December 2016 (N)
- Participated in one day seminar on ‘The state of the state (Gujarat)’ with students, organized by TV To Day Magazine and Aaj Tak Channel at Hyatt, Ahmedabad. on 23rd December 2016
- Member in one of the organizing committee for the “NAAC” team 2016.
- Participated in one day Data Dissemination Workshop on ‘Census 2011Data’ organised by the Directorate of the Census Operations, Gujarat on 16th March 2016 at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad.
- ‘Role of Media in the Propaganda of Yoga’, a paper presented in National Conference on “Yoga: An Integrative Life Style” organized by Department of Yoga, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad, on the occasion of 21st June, First International Yoga Day celebration, during 20-22 June 2015. (N)
- Participated in 1st “Capacity Enhancement Workshop” jointly organized by IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance cell), of Gujarat Vidyapith and M.D.Gram Seva Kendra, of Gujarat Vidyapith, at Randheja, Gandhinagar during 11-13 June 2015.(R)
- ‘Advertising: an Institution of Consumer Culture and Social change’ a paper presented and Coordinated technical sessions in “All India Media Educators conference” organized by Center for mass communication, Rajas than University, Manipal University, Lok Samvedana Sansthan and Society of Media Initiatives of Jaipur during 2-4 April 2015 (N)
- ‘Portrayal of Women in Television: Human Rights Violation through Image Generalization’, a paper presented in UGC National Seminar on “Human rights and Duty Education: Issues and challenges from International and National Perspectives” organized by University School of Law, Department of Philosophy & Psychology, Gujarat University, Ahmadabad during 21-22 March 2015. (N)
- ‘Journalism for Rural Development: A Study of News from rural area’ a paper presented in state level seminar on “Media and Development” organized by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, Saurastra University, Rajkot during 21-22 February, 2015. (R)
- ‘Media Law and Identity of Women Victim’ a paper presented in UGC National Seminar on “New Dimensions of law in 21st Century” organized by University School of Law, Gujarat University Ahmedabad during 17-18 January, 2015. (N)
- ‘Green Action Initiatives of a University (Gujarat Vidyapith)’observations related to said topic presented and Participated in the 11th International Conference on “Inspiring Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship for Poverty Eradication and climate Change Mitigation” organized by India Development Coalition of America, held at Center for Environment Education Ahmadabad during 12-13 January 2015. (I)
- ‘Role of Media in Gender Harmony, a paper presented in national seminar on “Peace Development and Social Harmony” jointly organized by Peace Research Center, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad and IASE Deemed University, Cardsharper, Rajasthan, during August 27-28 2014. (N)
- ‘Status of economic Reporting in Gujarat’ an observation presented in International workshop on ‘Economic Reporting’ conducted by the U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai, at Ahmadabad Management Association, Ahmadabad on August 14, 2014 (I)
- ‘Portrayal of Women and Village in the film Mirch Masala’ a paper presented in National seminar on “Portrayal of Indian Village in literature and cinema”, organized by M.D. samajseva Mahavidyalaya, Gujarat Vidyapith, Sadara, Gandhinagar during 24-25 March 2014. (N)
- ‘Role of Women Journalist in Awakening Nationality through Gujarati Journalism: A study’ a paper presented in UGC National Seminar on “Grass Root Workers of Gandhian Era (1920 to 1947) organized by Department of History and Culture , M.D. SSMV, Gujarat Vidyapith Ahmadabad held at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad, during 20-21 December 2013. (N)
- ‘Journalism and Mass Communication Education in Gujarat: Prospects, Retrospect, Introspect’ a paper presented in the International Conference on “Liberating Learning” organized by children university, Gandhinagar, Educational researcher’s association Ahmadabad, Bhartiya Shikshan Mandal, Gujarat and Higher Education Forum, Gujarat Chapter held at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad during 7-9 June 2013. (I)
- ‘Mass media and Women Empowerment’ a paper presented in National Seminar on “Evolution and Evaluation of Women Empowerment: 21st century Perspective” organized by School of Law, Gujarat University held at University School of Law, Gujarat University, Ahmadabad on Woman’s day 8th March 2013. (N)
- ‘Equation and Relation between Woman Education and Social Development’ observations on the said topic discussed and actively participated as Rapporteur in the International Conference on “Women, Education and Social Development” (co-sponsored by shastri Indo Canadian Institute) jointly organized by Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, and McMaster University; Canada, held at Peace Research Center, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad, during 21-23 February 2013. (I)
- ‘Communication through letters: A rereading of Gandhi’s letters’ a paper presented in UGC National seminar “Relevance of Gandhian Thoughts in search of Sustainable Dimensions of Family and Community Science” organized by Department of Home science, M.D.G.V. Randheja, Gandhinagar, held at M.D.G.V. Randheja, Gandhinagar, during 8-9 February, 2013. (N)
- ‘Milking the Indian cultural traits: A study of Advertisements of Dairy milk chocolates ‘ a paper presented in 20th conference of Gujarat Sociological Society on “Social Development in Gujarat and India: Retrospect and Prospect” organized by School of Social Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar held at Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar during 19-20 January 2013. (N)
- ‘Information and Communication Technology: Technological Intervention or Technological Divide’ a paper presented in National Conference and 3rd Peoples Education Congress on “The Indian Education System: The Crisis and The Shifting Paradigms” jointly organized by Gujarat Vidyapith Ahmadabad, People’s Council of Education and Lokbharti, Sanosara held at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad during 19-23 November 2012. (N)
- ‘Contribution of Women Journalist in Peace building’ (G),paper presented in one day International Seminar on “women and Peace” organized by WILPF (Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom) India Section, and Peace Research Center, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad, held at AWAJ, Ahmadabad, on 27th August 2012. (N)
- ‘Women Centric Soap Operas: An Analysis of Under Current of Patriarchy in India’ a paper presented in 21st AMIC (Asian Media Information and Communication Center) annual Conference on “Forty Years of Media and Communication in Asia, Retrospect, Introspect and Prospects” organized by AMIC, Singapore and UTIM (Universiti Teknologi MARA), Shah Alam, Shelen gore, Malaysia held at Concorde and UTIM (Universiti Teknologi MARA), Shah Alam, Shelen gore Malaysia during 11-14 July 2012. (I)
- ‘India Media Industry and Changing Patterns of Media Education’ presented observations on the said topic and actively participated in International workshop on “Making Journalism Education Truly Asian” organized by AMIC Singapore and Facilitator: Ms. Yvonne Chua of University of Philippines, Philippines at Concorde and UTIM (Universiti Teknologi MARA), Shah Alam, Shelen gore Malaysia on 12th July 2012. (I)
- ‘Three Streams of Education’ a special 10 Days residential “Maitri” workshop organized by Gujarat Vidyapith for the teachers of Higher Education under the flagship of Shree Narayan Desai (Then Chancellor of Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad), at Sampurna Kranti Ashram, Vedachhi, Gujarat, during 9-18 June 2012. (R)
- ‘Contribution of Gujarati actresses in the Hindi Film Industry’ (G) paper presented in state level seminar on “Gujarati Films: Retrospect and Prospect”(G), organized by Dept. Journalism and Mass Communication, Saurastra University, Rajkot on 31st March 2012(R)
- ‘Woman’s rights and Mass Media’ presented observations on the said topic and actively participated in State Level Seminar on ‘Recent Trends of Development and Human Rights’ organized by Department of Life long education and extension, and Peace Research center of Gujarat Vapidity, Ahmadabad at Ahimsa Shodh Bhavan, Gujarat Vidyapith on 26th March 2012. (N)
- ‘Five Decades of Social Development of Women in Gujarat’ (G) a paper presented in State Level Regional Seminar and convention on “Regional History”, organized by Bhartiya Itihas sankalan samiti, Gujarat chapter, on 26th March 2012.(R)
- ‘Existential Struggle of Working Women in Mass Media’ a paper presented in state level seminar on “Status of Women in Gujarat: Retrospect and Prospects” organized by WILPF (woman’s international league for peace and freedom), India, Gujarat Chapter, and Peace Research Center of Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad, held at peace research center, Gujarat Vapidity, Ahmadabad on 2-3 March 2012.(I)
- Participated in workshop on “Basics of SPSS” organized by and held at MDSSMV, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad, during 21-23 February 2012.(R)
- ‘Portrayal of Kasturba (Wife of Mahatma Gandhi) in film ‘Mohan se Mahatma Tak (Hindi film)’ paper presented in the National Seminar on “Depiction of History in Cinema and Literature” organized by and held at MDGSMV, Sadara, during 20-22 January 2012. (N)
- ‘Role of Media in Sustainable Rural Development’ paper presented in UGC National Seminar on “Dimensions of Sustainable Rural Development Management” organized by and held at Center of studies in Rural Development, Gujarat Vidyapith, Randheja, Gandhinagar during 9-10 January 2012. (N)
- ‘Elevating Learning Mass media and Tumbling Curriculum’, paper presented in International Conference on “Elevating Learning” organized by Prabuddhan, Baba Saheb Ambedkar University, Ahmedabad, all India Association for Educational Research, and Bhartiya Shikshan Mandal held at ASIA Campus, Ahmadabad, Gujarat during 3-4 December, 2011.(N)
- Participated in UGC National Seminar on “Research Methodology in Social Sciences” jointly organized by HMPIER and CERLIP of Charutar Vivid Mandal, Vallabh Vidya Nagar, Anand, Gujarat during 1st and 2nd July, 2011 (N)
- ‘Value Education and Role of Media’ a paper presented in International Seminar on “Globalization, Values and World Peace” organized by and held at Department of Philosophy, Gujarat University Ahmadabad during 7-8 January 2011.(I)
- Participated in State level Seminar with students on “Sadar Patel and Communal Harmony” jointly organized by CERLIP of Vallabh Vidya Nagar, Sardar Patel University, Anand and B.J. Institute of learning and Research of Gujarat University held at Sardar smarak Bhavan Shahibag, Ahmadabad, on 18 September 2010.(R)
- Participated in International Workshop on “Hon our Killing” organized by WILPF, INDIA (Women’s International league for Peace and Freedom) held at Peace Research Center, Gujarat Vidyapith Ashram Road Ahmadabad on 21st August 2010.(I)
- Participated in International Conference on “Global Warming: Agriculture, Sustainable Development and Public Leadership” organized by International School of Public Leadership, Indian Society for Community Education and Manthan Education Society held at Gujarat Vidyapith Ahmadabad during 11-13 March 2010. (I)
- Organized and participated National Workshop on “Curriculum Development and Restructuring syllabus” organized by and held at Department of Journalism and Mass communication, Gujarat Vidyapith Ahmadabad during 4-5 January 2010. (N)
- Participated in International workshop on “The Non-Violence Principals and South Asian Realities” organized by WILPF India held at Peace Research Center, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad on 4th January 2010.(I)
- Participated in International “Gertrud Baer Seminar” organized by WILPF India held at Peace Research Center, Gujarat Vidyapith Ahmadabad on 3rd January 2010.(I)
- Participated and actively volunteered in WILPF’s International Board Meeting held at Peace Research Center, Gujarat Vidyapith Ahmadabad during 2-9 January 2010.(I)
- ‘Understanding the Nations of Modernization and Development Communication’ paper presented in International Conference on “Environmental issues in Emerging and advanced economics: Canada India, Family, Economics and Development” organized by Department of Chemistry, School of Sciences and James Canadian Center, Gujarat University, Ahmadabad held at AMA (Ahmadabad Management Association) near ATIRA Ahmadabad during 6-8 December 2009.(I)
- ‘Participated in National Seminar on “Literature and Creative Arts” organized by Gujarati Sahitya Academy Gandhinagar and M.P. Arts and H.M. Patel college for Women held at M.P. Arts and H.M. Patel college Ahmadabad on 29 November 2009. (N)
- Participeted in Regional level Seminar on “Gandhian Thoughts in Education” organized and held at Gujarat Vidyapith during 15-16 April, 2008.(R)
- ‘Development Communication: Whose need it is?’ paper presented in National Conference on “Role of Media in National Development” organized by and held at Department of Journalism Saurastra University Rajkot during 28-29 March, 2008. (N)
- ‘Subtle Domestic Violence: An anti-development practices against woman’ a poster presentation in UGC National Seminar on “Recent Trends in Development Communication” Organized by and held at Department of Extension and Communication, M.S. University of Vadodara during 24-25 January 2008. (N)
- Participated in the national seminar on ‘fall out of 1857: Towards System Building’ organized by CERP, Abad held at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad, on 7th January 2008. (N)
- Participated in 23rd International Ramayana samelan, organized by Bhasha Sanskriti Sansthan, New Delhi, held at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad during 1-3 December, 2007.
- Participated with team of Students in regional seminar on ‘Woman empowerment: From Struggle to Success’ organized by CWDC, SRM college of arts, Ashram Road, Ahmadabad, during 10th December 2007.
- Participated with the team of students in regional seminar on ‘From Girl to Woman: a Journey’ organized by CWDC, SRM college of arts, Ashram Road, Ahmadabad, during 1-2 January 2007.
- ‘Role of mass media in social awareness esp. in women issues’ presented a paper on the mentioned title and organized a UGC National level seminar on “Challenges for Mass Media in 21st century” at Dept. of Journalism Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad during 21-23 March 2007. (N)
- ‘Issues of Script writing in Gujarati’ A paper presented in National level country wide class room based e course on “script writing for films and television”, organized by Consortium for Educational Communication, Arana Asif Ali Road New Delhi-110067, at Center for Development communication, Gujarat University, Ahmadabad, during Aug-sept 2006.
- ‘Issues in social science research’ discussed the said topic in regional level seminar/orientation course on “Research methodology in Social Sciences” organized by Gujarat Vidyapith and held at Gujarat vidyapith, Bochasan during 7-9 June 2006.
- ‘Journalism for social Reform in the initial years of language Journalism in India’ A paper presented in the UGC national level seminar on “Role of Journalism in Freedom Struggle in India” organized by and held at Dept. of Journalism and Mass Communication, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad, during 16-18February 2006.
- ‘Gujarati newspapers and Women Consciousnes: Some Opinions and arguments’ (G) a paper presented in the 13thGujarat Sociological Congress conference, a state level seminar held at and organized by Gujarat vidyapith, Ahmadabad and Gujarat sociological congress during 29-30 January,2006.
- ‘language used for the woman in the Gujarati newspaper” paper presented in the 12th Gujarat sociological conference, a stat level seminar held at and organized by Gujarat sociological congress and SLU college for girls, Ellis bridge, Ahmadabad during 26-27 February 2005.
- Participated in regional conference on ‘Research methodology and guidance for M. Phil and PhD students’ held at and organized at Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad on 15 November 2005.
- Participated in International conference on ‘HIV /AIDS Stigma and Role of Media’ held at AMA ATIRA organized by UNDP Delhi, Charkha A Development communication Network and Faith Health care on 29 October 2005.
Seminars / Workshops / Training Camps Organized:
- Organized a National work shop on curriculum Development in Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad during 4-5 January 2010.
- Organized a National seminar on ‘Challenges of Media in 21st Century’ in the Dept. of Journalism and Mass Communication, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad during March 2007.
- Organized a National seminar on ‘The Role of Journalism in Freedom Movement’ along with Dept. of Hindi Literature, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad during 16-18 February 2006.
Lectures delivered in Refresher Courses/National/ Local level Programs:
Delivered lecture in the refresher course for the information officer of Government of Gujarat Department of Information, on ‘ Creating and nurturing source of Information’ and ‘report writing of Development stories’ at Sardar Patel Institute of Public administration, SPIPA, Ahmadabad.
Regional Training Center, Government of India, All India Radio, Ahmadabad, Refresher Course for the producers of the various radio stations, delivered lecture on ‘Rethinking and Re-Constructing Radio Programmed’
Delivered lecture in the induction program of the student of the Journalism at the Dept. of Journalism, on ‘Challenges of being Media Person in India’ at UTAR, Malaysia.
Radio Talk Delivered/T.V. Programs:
- More than 30 Radio talks and 25 Television discussions and talk are delivered on various current and contemporary issues.
- Simultaneously wrote some 20 scripts for the Door Darshan Kendra (DD Ahmedabad).
- Encouraged students to take part in the activities related to media and take part in media shows and Radio talk and simultaneously write for the same.
- Written a script on MORARAJI DESAI and produced a film for television (DD Ahmadabad) in 2005.
- Written a script on GUJARAT VIDYAPITH and produced a film for television (DD Ahmadabad) in 2010.
Written ELEVEN (11) scripts For 11 (eleven) Documentaries jointly produced by Audio visual department, Journalism Department of Gujarat Vidyapith on ORGANIC FARMING AND FARMARS OF GUJARAT for ‘JATAN’ an organization of Vadodara and Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmadabad.
- “Sakhi Shakti” award 2007 by one of the oldest and renowned publication house ‘Jaihind publication of Saurastra and Gujarat’ for contribution in the field of Media Education.
- ‘Gujarat Vidyapith nu Gujarat na Shaikshanik Vikasma yogdan'(Contribution of Gujarat Vidyapith (deemed to be University) a research paper won a gold medal for the year 2006 by Gujarat Itihas Parishad (Gujarat History Concil), Gujarat.
- ‘Mangal Grah: Ek Vaigyanik Khoj’ (Planet Mars: A Scientific investigation’ An Essay won silver medal for the year 2005-06 by Gujarat Hindi Academy.
Membership in Professional and other Bodies:
- Media Woman’s forum (Gujarat)
- Woman’s International League for Peace and Freedom
Board of Studies:
- Associated With Some Universities of Gujarat and India.
Board of Recruitment:
- Appointed as V.C. nominee in the selection committee of some of the universities of Gujarat.