Faculty of Education(IASE), Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad-380 009
सा विद्या या विमुक्तये
That which Liberates is Knowledge Gujarat Vidyapith visualises a sustainable non-violent society where every citizen is at peace and harmony with self, society and nature by nurturing self-discipline.
- To preserve, maintain and protect Gujarat Vidyapith as a Living Gandhian Heritage which played a pivotal’ role in the Freedom Movement and contributed substantially in constructing National Education Policy.
- To educate the youth for social reconstruction in Gram Swaraj framework.
- To achieve integration between mainstream Higher Education Curricula and Gandhian Thought; and also to strive for academic excellence by conducting relevant research.
- To build character and inculcate the values of equity, tolerance, dignity of labour and self-reliance among youth.
- To build skill and encourage productive work as an integral part of education.
- To promote education in the mother tongue with special emphasis on Hindi-Hindustani.
- To promote Gandhian Thought and Practice at national and international level.
- To establish links with the disadvantaged communities in society through extension activities.
- To strive for harmonious inter-community relationship for emotional integration.
Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad
25:01 As per NCTE Norms
- B.Ed. (Hindi Medium) in 1962
- B.Ed. (Gujarati Medium) in 1965
- B.Ed. (Gujarati & Hindi Medium) UGC Recognition Order No. F. 1-59/66 (CD) Dt.17-02-1969
- M.Ed. UGC Recognition Order No. F. 9-1 (39) /66 (CDN) Dt.18-08-1967
- Shikshan Visharad (B.Ed.), Hindi Shiksha Visharad (Hindi B.Ed.) and Shikshan Parangat (M.Ed.) are sanctioned under codes 313041-42 by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) vide its letter No. WRC/5-6/97/651-52 dated 12-02-1998 and letter No. WRC/5-6/23/2000/4544 dated 28-07-2000.