Home Science is an inter disciplinary field drawing on veries root disciplines. It has potential for synthesizing maltidisciplinary knowledge and devloping applied exprtise to assist family and in generating and utilizing ralivant resources optimally.Home Science education is to inhance family welling is the revalant resource enviuorment and the spatial and temporal contexts (urban-ruaul levels of economic development and socio cultural traditions). The home scientest of the future,Be they in the field of nutrition, textiles, human development,resource mengment or extension education, must perforce focus on the cericulam development on the following five points with a view to strengthgning relataed professional a venues and expertized.
- Attendance: Minimum requirement of attendance is 80% of working days.
- Passing Standards: Minimum 40% marks requiring in each subject (in internal as well as external examination).
- B. Sc ,Home Science ,Foods and Nutrition
Applicant should have passed H. Sc Science and Science or equivalent exam from a recognized board with English as one of the subjects.
Four Years (Eight Semesters)
Science and Science or equivalent exam
The services offered under NSS are free of cost. The Counseling Centerhttps://www.gujaratvidyapith.org/syllabus/B. Voc. FPT Course Structure.pdf encompasses services addressing general nutrition assessment for individuals, maternal & child nutrition, adolescent nutrition, sports nutrition, geriatric nutrition, nutrition in health & diseases and nutrition for specially challenged groups.
Effective counseling is done using latest guidelines and techniques by a professional team of qualified Nutritionist and Dieticians. To reach out to the large masses, celebrates dietetics day, world health day, world diabetes day etc. and conducts extension activities with government organizations, NGOs, academic institutions etc.
- The honors degree program in Foods & Nutrition is a traditional academic programs designed to give students a broad, versatile education in the broad area of Foods & Nutrition.
- They are not intended to prepare students for a specific slot in the job market, but rather educate students in a specific area and provide the analytical and critical thinking skills necessary for coping with a changing world.
- Consult with an adviser in areas of interest about how to round out your program to suit your career goals. Also remember that there is little correlation between grades and career success. Many employers hire people based on their interest in a job, their willingness to learn and work hard, and their ability to get along with people. Graduate and professional programs usually have minimum GPA requirements, but they are also interested in candidates who show the characteristics needed to be successful in their programs.
- Masters in science – M.sc- Food Technology (specialization in forensic food analysis)Masters of business administration – M. B. A,
- PRIVATE SECTOR Food technologist,Nutritional therapist,Research & Development specialist,Production manager,Quality manager,Regulatory affairs officer,Research scientist, GOVERMENT SECTOR-State Food safety officer,Central Food safety officer,Technical officer.