The UG programme offers the basics of Gujarati language, Gujarati linguistic and grammar, history of Gujarati literature from its beginning to present time with special focus on Gandhian period, literary criticism of Gujarati as well as Indian and world literature, various prose and poetry forms of Gujarati literature such as Ghazal, poetry, short stories, drama and novel etc. Students also learn about cinema, mass media, communication skills, literary journalism, creative writing, translation studies, and lexicography in perspective of Gujarati language. Students get to know the eminent literary figures of Gujarati literature, folk literature, and sociological perspective of Gujarati literature. Students are exposed to the Indian literature and world literature as well. The BA programme also has a dissertation of 12 credits which prepare the students for a career is research. Apart from major courses, students also undertake a minor course in other discipline of their choice in each semester. The BA programme give special focus to ability enhancement courses, skill based courses and value added courses.
Eligibility : 10 + 2
57 (Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/EWS as per the Govt. of India rules)
4 Years (Eight Semester)
- B.A. with Certificate – 1 year ( 2 Semester)
- B.A. with Diploma – 2 year ( 4 Semester)
- B.A. with Degree – 3 year ( 6 Semester)
- B.A. with Honourse – 4 year ( 8 Semester)
- B.A. with Honourse with Research – 4 year ( 8 Semester)
Available Internal- External Exam Structure Course Structure (NEP)
- Understanding of cinema, mass media, communication skills, literary journalism, creative writing, translation studies, and lexicography in perspective of Gujarati language.
- Awareness of eminent literary figures of Gujarati literature, folk literature, and sociological perspective of Gujarati literature.
- Understanding of Indian literature and world literature.
- Demonstrate the ability of carrying out research project in selected area of study.
- Multiple Entry – Multiple Exit option
- Can pursue post-graduate studies in Gujarati literature and language.
- Can pursue post-graduate studies in professional programmes such as journalism and mass communication, social work, and law etc.
- Can pursue bachelor degree in education.
- Can pursue Ph.D. programme if the student has undertaken dissertation in 8th semester of B.A.
- Can work in low and medium-level firms in desk jobs.