The Department of Gandhian Thought was established in 1968 on the occasion of Gandhi Centenary Year. In 1968, Correspondence course on Gandhian Thought was started. Later on, Regular course in Gandhian Thought was launched with different nomenclature. An International Course on Gandhian Nonviolence: Theory and Application was started in 2011. So far 70 students of 15 countries have joined in it. In Gandhian thought, so far 58 Students have received M.Phil. Degree. In October 1969, Gujarat Vidyapith organized a seminar on ‘Science, Education and Non-violence’ with support from the University Grants Commission. As a follow-up of the seminar a study and research programme started on Peace in 1971. Then Vice Chancellor, Professor Ramlal Parikh pioneered it and later on with the support of UGC it turned into the Peace Research Centre.
As Per UGC Rules
Graduation in any discipline
2 credit with assignments and field visit.
After completing this course student will be able –
- to understand basic concept of sustainability
- to understand correlation netween sustainability abd development
- to achieve detailed understanding of Gandhian thought abd Sustainability
- In NGO’s, Voluntary Organizations and becoming Assit. Professor in Universities
- sustainability, development, development model, Ahimsa, consumerism, SDG