Gujarat Vidyapith is a renowned educational institution in India, known for its commitment to Gandhian principles and values. The Accounts Branch of Gujarat Vidyapith plays a crucial role in managing the financial aspects of the institution.
It accounts for receipts from students/customers and makes payment to vendors/Beneficiaries. It manages the works on Direct Tax/Indirect Tax and its compliance and litigation, develops annual budgets, and interacts with Statutory, Internal and Government Auditor. It compiles Provident Fund financials and effects NPS payments. It makes presentations to the Finance Committee on relevant matters.
Brief of services/ functions of the Branch
- Accounting for income and expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Accounting of Student fees and academic expenses.
- Computerized consolidated Register for Salary and Pension to be prepared as per the Government Rules.
- Payment processing to vendors, including that for capital work.
- Filing various tax returns on direct and indirect tax.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Financial Planning & Budgeting.
- Responding to RTI queries.